• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I made.....

GoldBenj

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This was my first ever attempt at pouring silver so please go easy on me ? Nothing special, I just had a a few sterling silver items that I melted down, I want to get a few cheap 999 coins to melt down next to make a bigger bar, but will buy some on my next order or If  any comes up in the for sale section

IMG_2205.JPG

37 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

This was my first ever attempt at pouring silver so please go easy on me ? Nothing special, I just had a a few sterling silver items that I melted down, I want to get a few cheap 999 coins to melt down next to make a bigger bar, but will buy some on my next order or If  any comes up in the for sale section

IMG_2205.JPG

Good looking little pieces! Did you use a torch and crucible or a furnace?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

This was my first ever attempt at pouring silver so please go easy on me [emoji23] Nothing special, I just had a a few sterling silver items that I melted down, I want to get a few cheap 999 coins to melt down next to make a bigger bar, but will buy some on my next order or If  any comes up in the for sale section
IMG_2205.thumb.JPG.eace3c5de96eb05b45051c9121482b27.JPG

Well done m8 looks a good first attempt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TSF App mobile app

Silverstacking.co.uk 

36 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Good looking little pieces! Did you use a torch and crucible or a furnace?

Thanks @BackyardBullion! yea I used a torch and crucible, bought everything from eBay, which also had x5 nector offer on at the time which was a nice little bonus. I'm  going to have a go at making some little silver hearts for my nieces for Xmas, I might try using Deflt clay and make the molds myself. Watching your videos online inspired me to actually have a go at it myself, so a big thanks and also keep up the good work! :) it's nice to actually hold something you have put the time and effort into making, that's why I want to make a bigger bar (up to 100g).

28 minutes ago, SilverStan said:

Well done m8 looks a good first attempt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TSF App mobile app

Thanks for the kind words @SilverStan! Really appreciate it :) 

5 hours ago, Micky9776 said:

Thanks @BackyardBullion! yea I used a torch and crucible, bought everything from eBay, which also had x5 nector offer on at the time which was a nice little bonus. I'm  going to have a go at making some little silver hearts for my nieces for Xmas, I might try using Deflt clay and make the molds myself. Watching your videos online inspired me to actually have a go at it myself, so a big thanks and also keep up the good work! :) it's nice to actually hold something you have put the time and effort into making, that's why I want to make a bigger bar (up to 100g).

Great to hear I played a part in your first silver pouring!

Stay safe my friend!

Not made today...

But I am quite pleased with these hourglass pour lines!

Was tempted to put another leaf on the other cooling pool...but Mrs BYB felt it might look a little too much like a pair of nipples!

59b56cb8e16b7_KitKat1.thumb.JPG.f2aff95706eea3028a8d1a79151e4147.JPG

Just thought i would share one of the major commisions I've had at work, a complete sterling silver book, for a 50th wedding anniversary. The construction method was a brainstorm and a half. 

The outter pages have been gilded.

Some information i have covered for confidentially reasons as well.

Quite pleased with how it finished up.

Screenshot_20170911-181450.png

Screenshot_20170911-181511.png

20170911_183405.png

20170911_183322.png

20170911_183611.png

20170911_183112.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 11:08, Micky9776 said:

IMG_2205.JPG

Few more bits to go :)

Image result for star trek enterprise

• 3 weeks later...

Archived