• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HGM Redesigned Site

Kman

Now everything is massive and takes 10x's longer to scroll down through to see what's new in stock :mellow:

Annoying pinned type header that stays with you as you go down too 

Shame

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Not too adverse to this change either. I think if we did have photos of actual coins we would end up paying an additional premium for this. Even if the trainee photographer is on a YTS. Sorry younger ones, not going to explain that any further

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

remember it wasn't too long ago, we had a re-vamp here on the forum and it brought some moans and groans, myself included

you adapt, you get used to it.  I bet nobody can remember what it used to be like here and you are now used to the new forum

it is still the same company, selling the same product, with the same next day service, at the same price 

Far more in in life to be concerned about, like Brad and Angelina splitting {shock!} !

Yes, agree change is good. Here is the reply from HGM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning ,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, it’s always so great to hear feedback from real customers who use our site.

We have launched the new site and are fully expecting a little adjustment period for our customers to get used to the site, so it’s great to hear some initial feedback so soon. Funny you should mention the ‘Quick Order Form’, this is something that we have been working on and will be added within the site for customers who wish to Buy Gold. I’m not sure if you remember our older site, from about 4 years ago, the quick list was how most of our regulars ordered there coins, which is why we have been keen to re add this on to our new site. In the meantime we have reset the photo display of the coin stock so there are more coins shown at any one time, and therefore less scrolling when searching for coins!

Our intention was to design the site to be less cluttered, if you were to view our old site, there was an overbearing amount of text that had over the years accumulated over the years on our new site. The idea behind the new site, was to freshen up HGM and to make both buying and selling gold easier for our online customers. We are a family run company here, and have been working towards our new logo and relaunch of the site for a while with the intention of streamlining the process for customers. We operate a very large site, that holds a huge system, so it’s taken a while for us to be able to put this all together, there a few things that will most likely only come to light once the site is live, but what’s great is that we are in constantly communication with lots of our customers, and so far the feedback has been great, albeit with a few desired alterations from mainly our coin buyers.

We were anticipating some feedback, especially amongst our ‘Buying’ customers and so far it has mainly been positive. What’s most important to us as a company and within our work ethos is that we are able to offer the same service and the same price on coins, but also to be able to give new customers the chance to understand what they are buying.

Again, we absolutely appreciate all your thoughts and feedback and really hope that the new site works for you as we have tried to make the site very accessible to customers that wish to both buy and sell gold.

Always happy to discuss anything further, and would like to say on behalf of HGM that we value your comments and continued custom.

Kind Regards,

Zoe Lyons

General Manager

Hatton Garden Metals

1 hour ago, Paul said:

remember it wasn't too long ago, we had a re-vamp here on the forum and it brought some moans and groans, myself included

You don't want your customers to have to work hard to buy

You go on the all stock page, you can't even see anything that's in stock! their stock is all below the fold

The pictures are massive for no reason so it takes longer to scroll down and longer to load; takes a good 5 seconds to scroll through it all

Ideally you want someone to be able to refresh the page and see everything that's in stock straight away without all the extra work

The redesign will steal seconds from your life for no reason, no benefit, that's annoying 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I wonder if they will have taken the opportunity to clarify a few description and premium issues that they have been talking about for a while. A prime example being the broadbrush categorisation of "shield" half sovereigns, which covers both Jubilee and Young Heads.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Where the hell is the pagination? unless they removed 20 items from their stock they forgot to add pagination! lol

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

2 hours ago, BaldyBob said:

Once it is brought to their attention I am sure they will happily comply and attach a suitable premium to the item which is more sought after.

Oh they know about it. Just a matter of getting the webpages set up and the "guys" downstairs to allocate them to the correct category.

Got the impression it was too much hassle in the past as they usually sell them all quickly anyway.

At the moment, shield halves are 15%. What will it be if they fix the problem, JH 10% and YH 20% ? Will people buy them at these prices on spec?

1 hour ago, HelpingHands said:

I wonder why they've chosen the 2007 as a stock image to represent gold Brits.  

I'd be a bit miffed if I thought I was getting that and a 2016 showed up.

Looks like a proof too, not seen one  in hand though so can't be certain.

The image for sovereigns looks like a proof as well.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived