• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 ROYAL MINT LUNAR ROOSTER PROOF

fehk2001

YEAR OF MONKEY ONLY SOLD AROUND 3400 OUT OF 5888 SO FAR

THIS YEAR MINTAGE 3888

Struck in fine silver to Proof standard

The mintage incorporates the ‘lucky’ number eight

Product code: UKR17SP

Limited Edition Presentation: 3888

UKR17SP_01_white.jpg

_L_UKR17SP_02.jpg

_L_UKR17SP_03.jpg

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Looking at the design, I thought they had switched artists, doesn't seem in the same style as the others but it is Wuon-Gean Ho

Looks fine though, better than the abomination the goat was but not nearly as nice as the horse. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

11 hours ago, Cully said:

They look ok.....until they start to milk spot :(, from personal experience I'll be giving these a wide berth, unfortunately.

instead of putting eggs with the chicken they use flower because they want to leave space for the organic eggs ( milk spots )  .........and if you are lucky enough, you may get a kinder chocolate egg too.... black spots

this is the design meant to be

_L_UKR17SP_02.jpg

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 4 weeks later...

I've just bagged the RM lunar. 

There is so much to dislike about this series I'm not even going there! 

I've just sold mine to a stacker in Edinburgh at a fair price for both of us. 

I don't know if he's on the forum but as I said to him. 

I'm a self confessed lunar addict and these don't float my boat. 

Good luck to anyone collecting these you'll probably need it! 

...dont forget, royal mint can release later on some nice,good looking design on these Lunar collection and ppl will start looking for older,not that nice looking releases to complete their collection.Not every collections has eye-catching coins.Lets wait patiently...:-)

I like them. I only get 5 each year but for some reason i like adding them every year. I get more joy of of receiving these than any other coin and i do not no why. They are prob the only coin i still look at in detail, everything else is just quick checked, counted and added to the stack. 

The designs are getting worse, people seem to have a dislike on them and they are dropping in mint numbers.

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The box has changed on the proof rooster.  

The case is fully enclosed in an outer box rather than the red sleeve.

No red envelope like in the horse.

The COA is different to previous years also.

The sheep is my favorite, the rooster design isn't the best imho.

Regards

ARGAR

IMG_20161124_142334.jpg

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Geez, they have 2 5oz proofs both NGC slabbed 69 and 70 with a $220 difference between the both for a 1 point difference, that's just obscene, how can they calculate a $220 difference for 1 point?

it's a judgement on what the perceived relative values are and will be based on what crazy collectors have and will pay.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

70 grade is the highest grade and is mostly more expensive. Sometimes many times. It also depends how many pieces are graded with the highest grade. For example take the Griffin BU. You can buy a MS69 grade for about 60-70 USD. And people pay for a perfect MS70 about 700 USD or more. As today in the NGC database from about 600 graded pieces only 1% achieved the MS70 grade. For our eyes there are no differences between 69 and 70 grades. I would never pay that price for a BU silver coin.

The mentioned MCM auctions:

1 oz Rooster proof costs £85.00 about 107 USD at RM. The graded PR70 Early Release costs with discount (20%) about 79 USD. I think that's a good price. Only if you don't have to pay for shipping and import tax.

5 oz Rooster proof costs £415.00 about 521 USD. The graded PR70 costs after 20% discount about 550 USD. Not a bad price either.

On 10/10/2016 at 13:47, StackemHigh said:

I've just bagged the RM lunar. 

There is so much to dislike about this series I'm not even going there! 

I've just sold mine to a stacker in Edinburgh at a fair price for both of us. 

I don't know if he's on the forum but as I said to him. 

I'm a self confessed lunar addict and these don't float my boat. 

Good luck to anyone collecting these you'll probably need it! 

They're more like a soaked mangie bantam, than a rooster.   LOL

Archived