• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Murph

Polymer £5

53 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

Am I missing something? Why are people paying over the odds for a fiver,could understand if it was a limited edition or something, but it's just a fiver.:huh:

MickB and ApisMellifera like this

12 minutes ago, MickB said:

What! :huh: 12 quid for a fiver and they already sold 117. No ways!

I guess, the clever flippers making some nice profits on people who are hooked on that 'early release'

I'll wait too!  :blink:

inflation-cartoon1.jpg

fiver.JPG

Edited by ApisMellifera
MickB likes this

They may have added 'semi numismatic' to the description or added cuddly lunar privy marks to it or clancked it in a plastic coffin

joking aside it is for note collectors wanting the very best possible chance to bag a true uncirculated low serial number as @HelpingHands points out

I don't collect notes so don't have a clue 

ApisMellifera likes this

The paper BOE fivers are due to be discontinued half way through next year and will cease to be recognised so anyone with a stack of these should bear this in mind.

You can't even get some notes from the banks here, never mind getting brand new or low serial numbers!  I asked for some money in £100 notes here recently and they didn't even have any of their own Clydesdale ones new or used.

Fivers aren't something you see very often now here.  Maybe if some ATMs still dispensed them like in England they'd be more common?

I wouldn't mind picking up one or two just to have but I certainly won't line someone's pocket to the tune of £12 for a fiver nor would I make a profit by selling any of the Scottish versions once they are all released.

1 hour ago, garthy said:

Just going through sold listings, someone has paid £5,100 for a new fiver with the AA01 serial number, totally insane!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5-note-AA01-serial-plastic-Polymer-/172351345771?hash=item2820f0d46b:g:CxYAAOSwLF1X5FMt

scroll down the listing and it says serial number might be different to title - what a rip off merchant

WE got our first plastic fiver as change at Morrisons.

Really like the see-through window, but they are still using the horrible Queen's portrait with the massive gums :(

See doesn't really look like that you mint muppets!

I tentatively approve of plastic money notes ... but it doesn't fold right.

On 07 October 2016 at 22:16, creative said:

Anyone else noticed they stick to other unlike the old notes. I find it a bit annoying

There was a woman in Tesco today who said they slip against each other too easily and end up flying out of her pocket in the pub.

Now I didn't want to question her and just agreed,

but wimmin shouldn't have pockets should they?

whittington2308 likes this