• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I don't understand

TheSmartGuy

That's what happens when you buy government bullion .I buy mostly Kooks Pandas and Lunars and they rise more than they drop in price. Nothing wrong with government bullion though. They are good to add some weight to your stack.:)

It will average out over a life time of stacking.Get on the Forum saving programe ,then this time next year if the price of silver is low you can put a nice order in @ Silver-to-go, if brexit has not blocked it by then, on some lovely milky maples and bring your average down.

Been there done that got the t-shirt, happened to me several times - bought on what i thought was a dip in April 2013 a good chunk of silver at around £15.50 on my allocation bullion with goldmoney

to watch it drop like a stone for several month, spike back to what i paid and then slowly get ground down to a £9.50 low, three and half years later i still dont have my money back on what i paid 

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

to watch it drop like a stone for several month, spike back to what i paid and then slowly get ground down to a £9.50 low, three and half years later i still dont have my money back on what i paid 

Not to harp on as I've said it many times, but that's why I think semi-numismatic stuff like Pandas are good, insulates you being at the mercy of spot somewhat 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Not only with PMs - also works with buying stock market stuff.

In addition I find that once I have sold some assets ( shares mainly ) the price rockets upwards a few days later.

A current example - Blackrock Gold & General Fund.
As soon as I purchased this fund it declined significantly by 40% or thereabouts.
In January this year it started to rise and once it was approaching my breakeven ( 0% line ) I sold out to minimise losses, expecting it to fall again after such steady rises.
Wrong !! - it carried on upwards so instead of making a tidy profit ( 50% ) in June / July, I ended up making a small ( but significant ) loss over the years.

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 15.10.43.png

I think the miners will do well soon, apparently the Swiss and Norwegian Central Banks just bought $1 Billion each in mining shares.  If this policy of central banks buying everything continues eventually they are all going to have to buy shares in mining companies, especially being safe haven relates assets and if buying the actual metal is not allowed then the mining companies are the next best thing.

On 10 September 2016 at 20:51, Niels87 said:

Can you send me a message when you buy ? 

So i will know when to short silver. 

Thanks

Better still - let's head off to Vegas.
I bet $10,000 on red and you bet $10,000 on black.
One of us is guaranteed to win unless the ball lands in the green roulette slot - which can happen - but rarely.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

One of us is guaranteed to win unless the ball lands in the green roulette slot - which can happen - but rarely.

We just need a 3th person for that... 

buy stuff that's on sale that have more value than

it's metal content? if you are in this for the long term,

then try investing some more time into choosing a

niche suitable for yourself. if you're already on a

losing streak then it can't hurt to try a few changes?

HH

Two green slots in USA one in uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you buying on or near a significant day of the month? ie payday? 

Your seller may be using your supply of cash to raise prices when you got big bucks in the bank, then lowering the price when you've already purchased to maximise their profits? 

Just a thought! 

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to buy some bullion late morning. As usual, the price is on a downwards spiral after I made the purchase. Think I'm down £20 so far.

Sonetimes you get lucky and sometimes you get unlucky. I pulled the trigger on my recent rooster order and the price went up 80p a gram 3 days later! Now its back to £14.80. Its swings and roundabouts!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just remember that these day to day swings in price, 80p up one day, 30p down the next day, its all irrelevant unless you realise the gain or loss. Otherwise your 20 ounces of silver is still 20 oz of silver. Go and check if you don't believe me. ;)

If you buy at £18 an ounce and sell at £30 an ounce then who cares what it does on the way? If you don't think you are going to be making a profit on it, what on earth are you doing investing in it in the first place? :P

Archived