Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove Google ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Paul

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

199 posts in this topic

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove Google ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

That's fantastic , I'm going to do this . Doubt it will be for gold though . I go to Germany a couple of times a year for a beer and football weekend that would pay for three trips ( minus spending money of course ) good post  :)

Silvergun and Paul like this

38 minutes ago, daz said:

That's fantastic , I'm going to do this . Doubt it will be for gold though . I go to Germany a couple of times a year for a beer and football weekend that would pay for three trips ( minus spending money of course ) good post  :)

+1 sign up already @daz:)  Lets enjoy the journey. Lets get more.  

It doesnt need to be gold, change it to silver, your holidays or just stacking some fiat debt tokens 

34 minutes ago, ApisMellifera said:

I'm going to show this to some folk at work, every month they moan about their credit-card debt or overdraft but still buy £2.50 coffee twice a day!

It seems like nothing £2.50 for a coffee, but it soon mounts up

I'm glad drink to a point where I am not be able to recall how many pints I've had on the slurp or it would be a big shock ! :(

ApisMellifera likes this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/cant-get-Tin-Money-Box/dp/B01H2T7GGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473437572&sr=8-1&keywords=money+box+tin

71fkufTrzAL._SL1500_.jpg

"(I cant get in) Tin Money Box - One Supplied by MONEY BOX"

For those with trust problems or bad with willpower.  

Pop your change in these and you wont be tempted, perfect for reluctant savers ,once your moneys in you aint going to get at it unless you find a tin opener

£2.24 each

I like it, I'm now doing a system where any lines I get up on the horses or football I buy silver with it without exception, I got a BTTS fourfold up last Satarday, £10 staked £70 back with which I bought an MS70 Bindi Croc and an MS 70 Silver Eagle.  Couple of weeks ago I got £50 which went on a 2oz Anubis.

I save a bit by, when I've been out and come back with change, every £1 coin in that change goes into a sealed money box. They hold £150. Normally takes about 3 months to fill up

I've always stacked loose coins out of my change since a child - so thought i will keep this separate and start from scratch

My tamper-proof DIY storage device jallopy is made and pumped to gills for the full 1p for day 1

Thanks

@daz @Scuzzle Bertie & @SilverPirate @KDave & Mrs KDave for participating.  Hopefully it will be a fun year

Anyone else wanting to join the ongoing year small cash stack, post your storage device jallopy pic 

IMG_0412.JPG

1 minute ago, SilverPirate said:

You could do the sheet backwards and it gets cheaper over the year.

lol yeah - very true :)

If we just use the printed sheet as a daily tick sheet and 'minimum' contribution (£) guide, we can tailor it 

Now thinking about it more I may do it with £1 added to each day, that will bring in just over a grand for the year

SilverPirate and ApisMellifera like this

I started this at the start of the year, (going backwards, in order to make it cheaper the closer it got the Xmas) but the missis decided it is now a wedding fund, which is nice and all as shes contributed to it as well. But does mean its no longer ear marked for Metals.

Its a very inexpensive way of getting a few bob together. Thumbs up to all who do it.

KDave, nr73, ApisMellifera and 2 others like this

I really like this idea, I don't have 1p coins at the minute, so for now I will transfer +1p from my current account to my saving account until get some physical coins. Any loose change goes straight into the tupperware box. I've printed a couple copies and already got a friend hooked on the idea :)

( I'm also going challenge myself with a beast of a book, which been staring at me for awhile. Over 900 pages!). :wacko:

The going backwards idea is even more rewarding!

365.jpg

Paul, KDave and oliversw5 like this

Loose change from my Friday night beers and putting the world to rights  - I'll leave it here and decide what's going in the storage tomorrow +20p minimum's going in for sure once I've sobered up :)

No late night supper so plus +£5 to 

IMG_0413.JPG

ApisMellifera and KDave like this

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

this going to be a long thread:)  ;)

Keep the thread alive for a few weeks to see how many more stackers commit to year challenge, then weekly updates would be sufficient on progress & commitment 

sovereignsteve likes this

Morning... lol. this is going to be a long thread and think a weekly update would be sufficient too :D. I'm an excel-geek, ... and made an excelsheet in the cloud! :P . I think i'll keep the transferring +1p to the saving account.

Found some coins during house cleaning.

Screen shot 2016-09-10 at 10.52.32.png

Edited by ApisMellifera
MikeOxlong, KDave and Paul like this