• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharps Pixley have a selection of old sovereigns but I think they're slightly dearer than HGM. They don't advertise specific years as you have to ask them what they have at the counter.

44 minutes ago, MickB said:

Sharps Pixley have a selection of old sovereigns but I think they're slightly dearer than HGM. They don't advertise specific years as you have to ask them what they have at the counter.

The one by pick a deli station ?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

22 hours ago, Kman said:

Have you received it? how is it 

Yes,  I'd probably grade it as at the high end of VF and maybe just EF reverse but you could make a case for EF overall.  I missed another yesterday that was gone before I could checkout but I did manage to grab a half.  It will probably be a jubilee 1892 but you never know.  

I have found nice prices  for 1oz gold coins from bgasc and bold precious metals:

Sale on 1 oz Gold American Eagle $50 Coin Brilliant Uncirculated Bullion (Random Year) from BGASC today is ~$1,321.91  (~consider over spot premium fluctuation).

2016-1-oz-proof-gold-american-eagle-obv-202x202.jpg.6c1614f77e449832cf3240c585a0db3a.jpg

Nice price for 2017 Gold Great Britain Queen’s Beasts (The Griffin) – 1 oz. As low as $26.00 per ounce over spot from BOLD Precious Metals

Brit_QBeast-2017_Griffin_Gld_1oz_Bul_Rev.thumb.jpg.22825c377dd368dfeba3a1e59712fb46.jpg

1 oz Gold Austrian Philharmonic Coin is now $24.99 over spot at SD Bullion

5993152a4a198_GoldPhilharmonic_0.thumb.jpg.e82fd5bcc0b848f43e88c47387d5de68.jpg

On 15/08/2017 at 13:26, Murph said:

Yes,  I'd probably grade it as at the high end of VF and maybe just EF reverse but you could make a case for EF overall.  I missed another yesterday that was gone before I could checkout but I did manage to grab a half.  It will probably be a jubilee 1892 but you never know.  

It was an 1892 half.  Yet another to the collection

Love the 50 pesos gold coins. Atkinsons have a pre-owned one (or more) 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-mexican-50-peso-gold-coin

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Is gold considered high right now, or is this just its natural upwards curve? It was £940 last month, £1000 now. But in 2007 it was only £300, and skyrocketed (housing crisis, I guess).

So do most people think we are seeing gold on its usual trajectory or is it high because of leftover credit crunch baggage which is yet to level off?

I see great deals in here but just got cold feet when I looked at the historical chart.  Wondering when good times to buy gold are.

7 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

Is gold considered high right now, or is this just its natural upwards curve? It was £940 last month, £1000 now. But in 2007 it was only £300, and skyrocketed (housing crisis, I guess).

So do most people think we are seeing gold on its usual trajectory or is it high because of leftover credit crunch baggage which is yet to level off?

I see great deals in here but just got cold feet when I looked at the historical chart.  Wondering when good times to buy gold are.

Just budget what you can afford each month assign a £ figure that suits your.  Last month gets you a little more this month a little less.

In the long run you are dollar cost averaged in and have bought as much on the lows as you have the highs

9 minutes ago, Ansel said:

There are currently 10+ Victoria Young Head G&D sovereigns available at HGM. Spot  + 10%.

been there since yesterday. they have around 50, but nothing exciting re: years

10% is pushing it imo

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

10% is pushing it imo

Yes indeed, it seemed a bit expensive to me but thought it may be of use to someone. Seems I was pretty late to the party though! 

This afternoon I'm having a very enjoyable and educational read through the Sovereign Talk thread. Seeing some of the wonderful coin purchases that HGM occasionally throw up made me have a quick look for the first time in a few days. 

31 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

Doesn't feel high to me anymore, got used to it being £900-1000 now for the past year or so

Personally I like buying straight numismatics or semi-numismatics over pure bullion; it gives you a buffer so you aren't so at the mercy of spot price

Like the Indian sovereign I think is a decent bet, not too much above spot but very likely to hold a premium even if spot did drop to £800 or so again

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

46 minutes ago, Kman said:

Doesn't feel high to me anymore, got used to it being £900-1000 now for the past year or so

Personally I like buying straight numismatics or semi-numismatics over pure bullion; it gives you a buffer so you aren't so at the mercy of spot price

Like the Indian sovereign I think is a decent bet, not too much above spot but very likely to hold a premium even if spot did drop to £800 or so again

Numi / semi-numi gold coins - never considered until reading the pamphlet from Rosland who seem to focus on selling graded coins.
Any pointers in the direction of where to look / dealers for "numi" gold that are deemed fair and honourable ??

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

10% is pushing it imo

Noticed that yesterday after I just missed a pair of shield backs but I didn't bother even phoning to ask about the dates  as I didn't expect anything in good enough condition or interesting enough.

Archived