• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just browsing around Apmex have the 2016 5 Coin Libertad set on "sale" for $2725.  High mintage on proofs for this year but for anyone wanting a boxed set it's a decent price.  $50 shipping / 1.24 exchange rate + £11ish transfer fee works out at £2250 or £1183/oz or about 19% over spot.

EMK is €2950 + €20 shipping /1.184 exchange rate * 0.5% transfer fee works out to be £2520 or £1326/oz or about 33% over spot.

Quite a bit of a saving from Apmex.

11 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I think the emk is more expensive due to the charges on import which runs at around 7% in Germany

Well i must be lucky then because i have bought gold coins from Belgium and Germany on numerous occasions  and have never been charged import duty or vat on the items :) 

Well i must be lucky then because i have bought gold coins from Belgium and Germany on numerous occasions  and have never been charged import duty or vat on the items [emoji4] 

I think he means the Germans get charged 7% when they import which impacts on their sale price.

You won't get charged import duty or tax when you import within the EU.

Stacker since 2013

56 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

57 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

That will be because the items that the dealers import will have and then it's passed onto the customer in the price and that's why EMK will be more expensive then Apmex, everything here is taxed moreso whatever comes from outside the EU  :)

We have a winner B)

Oh i must have lost :ph34r:

2 hours ago, creative said:

I fancy picking up a Sovereign so is £252 on the RMB website a good deal at the moment as that seems expensive?

Heres a Slabbed one at Atkinsons...

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/dated-sovereigns/elizabeth-ii-fourth-portrait-1998-present/pre-owned-2015-uk-full-sovereign-gold-coin-slabb

1 hour ago, danmc82 said:

Thanks for the link, but I'm after the 2017 coin. I'll just have to bite the bullet and get one.

This seems like a decent deal so I may go for this: 1x 2017 Sovereign & 1x2017 1/10oz Brittania

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/special-offers/gold-special-offers/gold-coin-special-offers/2017-uk-full-sovereign-britannia-1-10oz-gold-coi

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

Iv noticed that the Royal mint as a flash sale finish today, like the 2017 queens beast is £282 delivered and others on sale, just letting people know if anyone interested, might be a little bargain. 

More reasonable I would suggest and I have just ordered one ?2017 1/4 0z Somalian elephant for £277 at gold silver.be . Better deal than Atties I would suggest !?

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1-4oz-gold-coins/2017-somalian-elephant-1-4oz-gold-coin

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

A slight deal.  Fallen Edelmetalle have a little sale on the 2014 and 2015 1/10 BU Gold Libertad at €135 which based on say 1.175 exchange rate is £115.  Mintages of 1000 and 1300 respectively.  Shipping is a killer at €29 so you would really need to buy a few bits or cobble a small group buy together.  Currently 27 pcs of each in stock. 

Not sure where you go the mintage figures from but the 2014 had 2450 mintage and 2015 4100

You can find the mintage figures here http://donbailey-mexico.com/libertad_mintages.shtml

You are correct. Was accidentally looking at the 1/20 mintages.

Now I have a few spare minutes, a few quick numbers and calculations for anyone thinking about it since Libertads are not widely available.

Atkinsons's prices:

2017s Kangaroo £132, Brit £124.5, Maple £131, Krug £137, L2 Rooster, £129, Elephant £133, AGE £128, Philly £132.5, 

Pre-owned Maple £124, 2016 Krug £135.

€29/1.175 = £25 postage.  Based on 5 people sharing it would be £5 each.  Cost to forward a coin by Special is £7 (rounded up to inc packaging).  Therefore a single coin cost would be £115 + £5 + £7 = £127.

Even 3 people it would be £8.50 delivery so £115 + £8.5 + £7 = £130.50

Archived