• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have guessed with that many going together! :) I thought I'd have time to post and then phone for a possible one or two but they were gone while I was on the phone.  A half came in slightly later that was a consolation I guess.  

Those of you looking for shield backs - are you paying a premium over the usual HGM spot + 2% ?

What price would an 1887 half-sovereign shield back in decent condition fetch ?
Bay prices seem to be circa £150 plus or minus on the day.

If anyone is building date runs would there be interest in say 1910 - 1914 ( 5 coins ) date run half sovs and if so would they be worth a bit more to a collector as a run, than individual prices for example, if HGM had them  ?

6 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

@Pete I think all HGM shield backs are spot + 15% 

I've never seen one in stock so I am giving you info based on myths.

LOL

yes all at 15% which is too much for jubilees, although prices of 1887 halves have gone crazy lately.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Those of you looking for shield backs - are you paying a premium over the usual HGM spot + 2% ?

What price would an 1887 half-sovereign shield back in decent condition fetch ?
Bay prices seem to be circa £150 plus or minus on the day.

If anyone is building date runs would there be interest in say 1910 - 1914 ( 5 coins ) date run half sovs and if so would they be worth a bit more to a collector as a run, than individual prices for example, if HGM had them  ?

good condition 1887 halves can easily go for £200+

even poorer quality ones are fetching good money at the moment.

G5 halves are bullion unless in EF+ grade and date runs are very hit and miss, very rarely fetching a premium.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Atkinsons out of stock on 1/4 oz gold beasts 

they have one second hand in stock for £307 is it a good buy ? 

i already have one ;) 

youtube  Sovereign_uk

If someone has sold to Atties I presume they wanted cash in hurry for this coin, could be in any condition . My advice would be to hang fire and call them tomorrow if still there and interested. If they say it's in fair condition you can always hold them to it if in poor Nick. Heard tale of folks buying "pre owned" in "original. mint package" pandas from this dealer, however when received this is not the case. Do you want to gamble or hedge your bets? Quite a high premium regardless? 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

If someone has sold to Atties I presume they wanted cash in hurry for this coin, could be in any condition . My advice would be to hang fire and call them tomorrow if still there and interested. If they say it's in fair condition you can always hold them to it if in poor Nick. Heard tale of folks buying "pre owned" in "original. mint package" pandas from this dealer, however when received this is not the case. Do you want to gamble or hedge your bets? Quite a high premium regardless? 

yeah for sure .. i want someone else on here to get it as i already got one .. 

I had a great experience with atkinsons recently bought 2002 full sovereign was in really bad condition i know its pre-owned but still .. anyways on they chat told me to send it back back and they replaced it with UNC condition :)

if you like check out my last video on youtube username Sovereign_uk 

Archived