• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

Ya that one looks of but tbh if i was going to get stuff like that it would be proof stuff why pay a high premium on handled goods lol 

Personally on ebay you need to sell that sov for £240 to get over 190 + in your paypal at the end of it so i try not to sell on ebay these days as u pay so many fees its unreal  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£110 for a proof 2008 1/10 gold Brit good deal or not?

Rubbish deal I reckon.

I would set my absolute limit at spot + 15% for a boxed, CoA and coin in FDC condition.

A decent proof spot + 10% for 1/10 ounce and spot + 7.5% for anything else.

What is a reasonable price for an FDC proof full sovereign? I see some on eBay for £250-300. I have not bought proofs yet...so I am trying to determine the mark-up (since I can buy a new bullion-grade sov for £194.) 

I am interested in picking up particular years only. I am assuming £300 is still a good buy...for a proof. 

What is a reasonable price for an FDC proof full sovereign? I see some on eBay for £250-300. I have not bought proofs yet...so Iypical  am trying to determine the mark-up (since I can buy a new bullion-grade sov for £194.) 

I am interested in picking up particular years only. I am assuming £300 is still a good buy...for a proof. 

I reckon for a typical proof ( not a rare one ) in FDC you should aim to pay spot + 10% or maybe spot +15% at most.

There are dealers that will sell for less ( <10% ) if you are placing a high value order of say £5k

I reckon for a typical proof ( not a rare one ) in FDC you should aim to pay spot + 10% or maybe spot +15% at most.

There are dealers that will sell for less ( <10% ) if you are placing a high value order of say £5k

This looks about right.. I buy quite a few 3, 4, and 5 coin sets of britannia's and sovs and they come in between 2% and 10% over spot.. Thats one of the reason i like gold proof sets

The silver britannia proof 4 coin sets have enormous premiums over spot.. They come in at well over £100 with less than 2 ounce of silver

The Bullion Centre still offering full sovs at £184.16 with free delivery when ordering 2. Prices seem to be fixed so chance to benefit further if gold spot keeps rising. Natasha at TBC also said that whilst they don't officially offer a service, they'll try and find a specific year for you if requested.

No idea if this is a good deal or not or how rare the coin is

2007 Coloured 1oz Gold Lunar Pig - £798.41 

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold-coins/2007-australian-1oz-gold-lunar-pig

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Exe better £783

Not sure what that means  :P  what is exe?

Atkinsons are putting up a lot of interesting coins today!

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold-coins

1967 Bahamas gold coin which I quite like the look of, Mexican 2 paso, also a Hungarian 20 Korona Gold Coin, very interesting stuff

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived