• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

54 minutes ago, richo said:

Seems EMK sold out and then put up the price by 300 euro on the Delta coin. In fact, some of the sales now occurring on eBay seem huge on this one.

Yep. I put on the alter after it sold out the first time and then came up €300 more when it came back in stock.  Spent the money in a Panda instead which, based on my collecting habits was a wiser purchase for me.

51 minutes ago, richo said:

That's the proof version isn't it, so does that mean you get all the box and COA etc. I always thought the 2003 image looked really interesting.

It should be the bullion version.  I'll find it tomorrow when it arrives and if it is the bullion which I'm expecting, then I'm going to offload the proof one which I have.  If it ends up being an unboxed proof then the search for a bullion one continues.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Murph said:

3 young head shields on HGM.

Sorry they've all gone straight away while I was answering the phone before hitting the post button.

Damn, there were only 2 left when I bought them!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Damn, there were only 2 left when I bought them!

That's because I took one without knowing the dates or condition and was considering phoning back up to ask the dates and maybe take the others when I saw they'd gone.  I was arguing with myself about having already spent a bit more than usual this week and knowing something I want would probably come up next week and so on.  I try to limit myself or I would just end up dipping into savings.

will be interesting to see what they picked out for you. I was told mine were 1883 and early1860s (1862 I think). Condition wise, reading between the lines, I'm expecting average.

the 1862 is probably just wishful thinking and crap memory, it's quite a rare one:wub:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

will be interesting to see what they picked out for you. I was told mine were 1883 and early1860s (1862 I think). Condition wise, reading between the lines, I'm expecting average.

the 1862 is probably just wishful thinking and crap memory, it's quite a rare one:wub:

Much like the time they only had a couple of halves in stock and I could have sworn I heard them say they had a 1918. :)

If you buy the 1/40 gold proof for 2016 and 2015 together from the RM, you get a 20% discount. Shipping free to UK. 115 quid becomes 92 quid. The 2016 has the lowest mintage at 2545 coins compared to the 2014 and 2015 ones.

Put this code in at the appropriate point in the buying process  BND063

I looked this up a few days ago when I noticed them but decided it's wasn't worth it for me.  It is cheaper than buying an OMP and having it grade but the 2013 population is very high and the MS70 is even higher at over 9k.

2013 MS69 First Strike has a pop of 6421

2014 MS69 First Strike has pop of 2234

2015 MS69 First Strike has pop of 1192

When they list as proof design it means that it is a proof coin but has been handled and no longer mint. The price is usually somewhere between proof and bullion.

1 minute ago, morezone said:

When they list as proof design it means that it is a proof coin but has been handled and no longer mint. The price is usually somewhere between proof and bullion.

Thanks MZ, It definitely had the frosted look of a proof but I  was unsure what they were driving at, all becomes clear now, or smudged as the case may be. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived