• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

I noticed that yesterday, from HGM, selected 2 half sovereigns on behalf of the missus but was waiting ages for her to stump up the cash to transfer (not paying for them myself else she'd conveniently 'forget' to pay me back lol! Didn't realise that they give you til 3pm following day to pay before the order gets automatically cancelled), but while I was waiting for that I refreshed the page and saw they had all sold out..of everything... and thought damn I've missed the boat on these by not paying straight away and somebody else had snaffled them all up, told the missus that they had gone too as it was all sold out, before I realised I did actually get them. I must have grabbed them at the truly last seconds then. Checked again later and everything was back in stock...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is a fine line between a bit tacky and a bit good, but, this 'coin' (Solid gold Delta lapel badge) I believe is going to be a real winner. It sold out on pre order from the RCM just about instantly and you can't get them anywhere. I have had a stock alert for ages and a few units have just come in at EMK who seem pretty good. Of course it's expensive compared to spot, but I think this will be a great buy, especially if you like sci-fi. 

https://www.emk.com/en-us/star-trek-delta-coin-ican31163040

23 minutes ago, richo said:

I know there is a fine line between a bit tacky and a bit good, but, this 'coin' (Solid gold Delta lapel badge) I believe is going to be a real winner. It sold out on pre order from the RCM just about instantly and you can't get them anywhere. I have had a stock alert for ages and a few units have just come in at EMK who seem pretty good. Of course it's expensive compared to spot, but I think this will be a great buy, especially if you like sci-fi. 

https://www.emk.com/en-us/star-trek-delta-coin-ican31163040

I'm on the fence as to pick one up or not.  Missed out on a cheaper pre-order pre brexit and although it's something I'd normally pickup for myself, there's too much of the "Canada 2016 $200" on the front.  

43 minutes ago, morezone said:

I'm on the fence as to pick one up or not.  Missed out on a cheaper pre-order pre brexit and although it's something I'd normally pickup for myself, there's too much of the "Canada 2016 $200" on the front.  

Yep it's a minefield out there with all the releases, but you just have to pick what you like, with an eye on making sure it's a reasonable buy too and not a complete dog. 

Am not buying much scifi, but one notable exception is the classic Star Wars coins from NZM. The Yoda is one of the best coins I have seen in recent years, and the Vader seems to be only going one way on availability and price...

11 hours ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

I noticed that nearly all their stock disappeared as soon as the £ dropped.Assumed someone had hoovered it up but looks like it was pulled from sale.

Yeah this isn't the first time they have done this on a price increase.  To be fair they price on the fix in the morning and would of been working for free.  The price is down again today so they are now missing out this weekend. 

I take it it has gone as I can't see one on the website

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yep. Went ages ago although it did hang around for at least 5 mins (Could have been 10 mins).

On 8 August 2016 at 18:05, Clens92 said:

Spot + 15%.  All shieldbacks are +15% from HGM, I believe.

And at current prices does it make anyone else hesitate to buy any given you can often obtain a specific year and grade for the same price from elsewhere?  When prices were lower and dealers were usually well above hgm prices I didn't mind taking pot luck on the condition and date but lately I have been more hesitant.

43 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Not sure if its a good deal but could be of interest to someone -

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-2003-uk-britannia-1-10oz-gold-coin

1/10 oz 2003 Britannia

2 minutes ago, NumisNewbie said:

Gone already so I think the answer is yes it was! I definitely would have had it

Out and about with kids and barely any 3G. Was scrambling to buy it and had to use the wife's phone in the end.

Thanks for the post @bowie

1 hour ago, morezone said:

Out and about with kids and barely any 3G. Was scrambling to buy it and had to use the wife's phone in the end.

Thanks for the post @bowie

Glad one of us got it! Was really tempted myself but had to resist, trying to save funds :(

On 5 August 2016 at 20:19, morezone said:

Seems EMK sold out and then put up the price by 300 euro on the Delta coin. In fact, some of the sales now occurring on eBay seem huge on this one.

On 10 August 2016 at 11:09, Bowie said:

Not sure if its a good deal but could be of interest to someone -

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-2003-uk-britannia-1-10oz-gold-coin

1/10 oz 2003 Britannia

That's the proof version isn't it, so does that mean you get all the box and COA etc. I always thought the 2003 image looked really interesting.

The other three '4 Coin Proof Sovereign sets' at HGM are 1973 Isle of Man Sovereign sets.  They don't come in capsules, but are in good condition.

However, this lack of plastic wrap / capsule on the coins leads me to believe that they are more likely to be the Brilliant Uncirculated sets, as opposed to proof... But I guess they could be either.

Archived