• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I've just been unlucky but does anyone ever get a decent quality coin ,unseen,from HGM. I'm much more into Bullion these days than SNs' or Numis so I know I'm only expecting Bullion quality but to be fair I've even returned most of that when bought for them purely on the basis I would be ashamed to offer it for sale in the first place.

I understand I am simply buying gold at 2 or 3 % above spot and bullion is bullion but in last 6 months or so everything I've bought from them seems to have gone through a car crusher at best when I've received it.

Depends on what you call decent.  I've yet to get a mint state sovereign from them and at current prices I'm a bit wary of buying but apart from one ex mount shield I have received coins of at least fine grade and have only returned once because I got the wrong coin.

They have a $5 liberty head just now I was hovering over but if the picture happens to be of it the I in liberty looks a bit worn for the current price but if you collect them it may be worth a gamble.

maybe due to the spot rise, people are selling more actual

bullion coins. my pre 2016 finds include proof fractional

kruggerrand, aussie lunar silver and gold, angel 20 francs.

elizabeth sovereigns are likely ef or better but few dates

are worth more than bullion even in that condition.

HH

1 hour ago, Murph said:

They have a $5 liberty head just now I was hovering over but if the picture happens to be of it the I in liberty looks a bit worn for the current price but if you collect them it may be worth a gamble.

I didt think they ever show the actual coin, generic library usually. I don't think they are geared up to do something like that.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I didt think they ever show the actual coin, generic library usually. I don't think they are geared up to do something like that.

I thought that as well but a few times of late I've seen the correct date pictured so I thought they may not have pictures of all the coins they sell so may have taken pics in the odd case.  It could just be they happened to have a library picture of the correct date or they just did it by chance.

Given I don't collect the liberty heads and the current gold price I procrastinated too long anyway and ended up just buying Atkinsons Indian head.  Not very logical at all, paying Atkinsons prices while wavering over HGM prices.

KDave, I saw the Dos pesos on HGM but thought they'd probably be restrikes.

On 6 July 2016 at 14:32, Bosse68 said:

Have you used this dealer previously Bosse?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

10 hours ago, Ravinella said:

Maybe I've just been unlucky but does anyone ever get a decent quality coin ,unseen,from HGM. I'm much more into Bullion these days than SNs' or Numis so I know I'm only expecting Bullion quality but to be fair I've even returned most of that when bought for them purely on the basis I would be ashamed to offer it for sale in the first place.

I understand I am simply buying gold at 2 or 3 % above spot and bullion is bullion but in last 6 months or so everything I've bought from them seems to have gone through a car crusher at best when I've received it.

I've gotta say, everything except 1 Kruger that I've bought form HGM has been fantastic.  Even that 1 Kruger only had a tiny gouge - nothing serious.

I've had a half maple, half Kruger, 2 Double Eagles and multiple other coins... I'd say 95% were uncirculated, with minor fingerprint (not a proof so doesn't matter).

It is pot-luck, and I would have been gutted to receive some of the coins that I've seen pop up on this forum from them... But so far, I can't complain at all.  I've had exemplary service and got great coins at great prices.

10 hours ago, Ravinella said:

I've always had decent coins from them, half sovs have always been 1982 ones and always in good nick, I just bought 5 Britannias which were all 2016 brand new ones so I was delighted.

Cheers guys Thanks for your comments, appreciated..............I've had very good stuff from them too,should have made that clear in op,no axe to grind or wish to put people off  from dealing with them, far from it. In fact they are always the first dealer I look up each morning...................just been on a poor run with them of late I guess,Thanks again for replies..........

25 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

Ebay . Buy it now 2015 full sovereigns £225 + £5 postage  15 available.

Grabbed a couple, paypal will cover if they are dodgy, and used up my £37.50 nectar points on them, so £211.25 each or about 15% under spot.

Like I said, always worry about things that look too good to be true, but covered by ebay and paypal etc. We'll see what turns up

Update. Seller has cancelled the sale. Little shite.

The reason   "I'm out of stock or can't fulfil the order for another reason".

Got refunded, but my money will be in paypal limbo for a couple of days before I get refunded. Oh well, I'm more annoyed about my nectar points, I want them back as well ;)

Thems the breaks.... 

41 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Update. Seller has cancelled the sale. Little shite.

The reason   "I'm out of stock or can't fulfil the order for another reason".

Got refunded, but my money will be in paypal limbo for a couple of days before I get refunded. Oh well, I'm more annoyed about my nectar points, I want them back as well ;)

Thems the breaks.... 

Poor show.  A deal's a deal even on a cyber hand shake.  Wonder what really happened?

probably sold a load outside ebay.

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Oh well, I'm more annoyed about my nectar points, I want them back as well ;)

Thems the breaks.... 

I think you get them back but only have a limited time to spend the,

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, forgottenmemorie said:

I think if Donald Trump wins the election..

Gold will increase further..

What do you all think?

totally agree.

8 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

probably sold a load outside ebay.

I think you get them back but only have a limited time to spend the,

yeah got them back, got a year to spend them. I think they'll be spent well before then :)

Archived