• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

Sovereigns just seem better value to me when looking at the buy back price at HGM. Even with the higher % over spot.

1/4 Krugerrand £199.44 Buyback price today: £183.95
Full Sovereign £189.98 Buyback price today: £180.85

Anyone else agree or disagree?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sovereigns just seem better value to me when looking at the buy back price at HGM. Even with the higher % over spot.

1/4 Krugerrand £199.44 Buyback price today: £183.95
Full Sovereign £189.98 Buyback price today: £180.85

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Only basing it really on looking at 1/4 krugs on thegoldbullion and goldline they're about £228 delivered. 

So if you wanted a 1/4 krug for whatever reason, it's a good saving. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

i had always thought HGM buy back price was 99% of spot for any bullion coin, it used to be 100% until earlier in the year

if you are in the market looking to buy 1/4 coin, it is a significant saving to other UK bullion dealers as kman says

to get absolute bang for your buck, buy the 1/4 krug and x2 full sovs from them.  

(£6.50 delivery shared by 3coins = it adds just £2.17 per coin)

Yeah, I got that email as well.

No so great offer when i can get George V and Ed and Queen Vic for £195 from my cash for gold dealer.  

But for those who specifically want a George and without a dealer and who want it posting, then the additional £5 is worth it.  

Without the 6% discount it's probably over priced .

But for those who specifically want a George and without a dealer and who want it posting, then the additional £5 is worth it.  

Without the 6% discount it's probably over priced .

If you contact HGM then they are more than willing to look through their current stock for any dates you are after. They were happy enough to do that for me on some silver coins about 3 nor 4 months ago. 

I got a George V 1913 half sov from Atkinsons for only £96.80 delivered in June,

As my old granny always said    " if you don't ask..................."

Just noticed that on my email they quoted the Sov at £201, but on the website now its £199.71. Getting better.... ;)  

You also have to remember that George V sovs have the highest mintage figures of any Monarch. It's not as though they are as rare as hens teeth, more like, common as muck. 

1980 / 81/ 82 Full proof sovereigns £200

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-II-GOLD-FULL-PROOF-SOVEREIGN-/111452107193?pt=Coins_BritishProofs_RL&hash=item19f31031b9

Seller has 3.

Edit: Seller now has 2 - I bought one.

Hmm

Do proof sovs not go for much?

I was interested in buying one but then I did a search and goldline sell a proof 1980 sov for £238 and chards do one for 1981 for £232

Still a very good saving on ebay of course, but not as much as I would have guessed proof sovs were worth extra. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Now some bugger else has bought that one.

Never mind I am sure I will get a better deal!!!

You can get a 1982 proof from Chards (not box or certificate) for £212.95 + postage

http://www.goldsovereigns.co.uk/1982sovereign.php

RE my previous post

I'm still surprised how cheap sovereign proofs are? 

Any proof for under the magic 200 mark is a great buy  i managed to get 1 at 195 and a half proof at 95 which got me excited haha :]

Also this week managed to get 2 full sovs at £360 delivered now thats the kinda price i love to pay :]

Arrrrrrrrre to those that wait.............does this cometh!!

£190........

I am well happy.

Great pick up dude :]

Archived