• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a huge saving but RoyalMintBullion have ~20% premium discount on the 2018 1/10th Gold Britannia.  As of right now, it is £107.95 while Atkinsons is £110.10.  Both include delivery and I believe the RMB one will come in one of their screw capsules (but could be a difference one).

7 hours ago, morezone said:

Not a huge saving but RoyalMintBullion have ~20% premium discount on the 2018 1/10th Gold Britannia.  As of right now, it is £107.95 while Atkinsons is £110.10.  Both include delivery and I believe the RMB one will come in one of their screw capsules (but could be a difference one).

Waiting for them to do the deal on 1/4 queens beasts they have done on bank holidays before, didn’t Easter so hoping for may

48 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

how long have HGM been trying to sell recent bullion year-specific sovs eg 2010 2011  2013 2014 etc for 8% premium!:lol:

Who is buying them? I hope noone off here is. 

I think Sharps Pixley or Bairdmint are probably the best bet at the moment. Or Atkinsons of course. Depends on what you are buying. 

YH Victoria's are £17 cheaper at Bairdmint than HGM at the moment!

On 20/04/2018 at 15:28, sovereignsteve said:

how long have HGM been trying to sell recent bullion year-specific sovs eg 2010 2011  2013 2014 etc for 8% premium!:lol:

Back to 4% now,    They had some 2012 earlier for 2%.    Looks like they are playing around to see what they can get away with

1oz 1988 Chinese Gold Panda Munich Coin Fair Commemorative Medal.  Might be a good buy.  I don't know.  2000 mintage in Proof.  Generally don't grade that well due to head rub from the capsule and average out at PF68 (55/91) and some lucky 69s (24/91).  It is 30 years old so will probably need some TLC from NCS.  If I wasn't so spent I'd have probably picked it up myself.  Thought I'd mention it in case it is worthy of a pickup.

OMP in capsule and pouch.  €1200 + €30 shipping.

http://www.silber-corner.de/de/China-Panda-1988-1-Oz-Gold

On 20/04/2018 at 21:34, Jay2 said:

Who are HGM selling to these days, mostly? Walk-in / long-term customers perhaps?

I assume the average online buyer is more likely to be looking at competitors.

They're trying to push their jewellery page, which has even more obscene premiums than a normal jewellery shop!

I pestered them for 3 years about buying jewellery from them, and was always told it would be "a fixed percent over spot"... so much for that!

I think they might be struggling on the retail sales side though, and focussing more on selling larger bars to trade.

On 4/26/2018 at 13:26, ShaolinStacker said:

Apmex has an amazing price on their Ebay store for 2018 Gold Swan coin

Didn't necessarily have the funds but had to pull the trigger at this price. 

Screenshot_20180426-132617_eBay.jpgtt

Thanks for this.  I just ordered one.  The premium on their web site is double this amount.  They really jacked up the premium this year.  I bought the first one off their website when it was released and it was only about $40 over spot.

On 4/28/2018 at 02:19, mr1030 said:

The premium on their web site is double this amount.  They really jacked up the premium this year.  I bought the first one off their website when it was released and it was only about $40 over spot.

Not sure how I feel about this.  I'm glad I can get better deals via ebay, but why in the hell am I going to go to the Apmex site anymore?  Anyone who bought (or buys) these from apmex.com is getting screwed (and not by a better deal from a competitor, by the same company!). 

Especially for these big promoted items, I'll just sit and wait to see what pops up on ebay.  Otherwise I'll just feel dumb for paying more.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

Not sure how I feel about this.  I'm glad I can get better deals via ebay, but why in the hell am I going to go to the Apmex site anymore?  Anyone who bought (or buys) these from apmex.com is getting screwed (and not by a better deal from a competitor, by the same company!). 

Especially for these big promoted items, I'll just sit and wait to see what pops up on ebay.  Otherwise I'll just feel dumb for paying more.

Although on their website they do offer returns. Ebay says no returns. Not sure if the difference in premium is worth the risk of not buying on eBay.

A seller saying 'no returns' on ebay doesn't override any statutory rights you have (EU and US may be different on that).

If they send the wrong thing, or an old or broken thing they said was new - basically anything significantly not as described - then ebay's buyer protection kicks in regardless of 'no returns'.

In fact if they really insist on no returns, for logistical reasons, that's still okay but they have to refund you and let you keep it, in genuine cases of not as described. It'd be a bit of hassle taking pics and escalating the case but don't believe 'no returns' means no recourse. 

9 hours ago, tbone said:

I still buy gold from the big dealers websites when they have certain things on sale, like old gold bullion grade coins.  But for new stuff in 1 oz size, almost everything I buy is from their ebay deals.  I've gotten 1 oz coins and bars for as little as $4 over spot from Pinehurst Coins, Scottsdale Mint and JM Bullion.  The premiums are so low, I can't pass it up.  As long as I can buy what appeals to me for a good price, it doesn't matter if it's their ebay listing or from their website.  But you definitely have to be careful not to get too eager and shop carefully for the best price.

15 hours ago, mr1030 said:

I still buy gold from the big dealers websites when they have certain things on sale, like old gold bullion grade coins.  But for new stuff in 1 oz size, almost everything I buy is from their ebay deals.  I've gotten 1 oz coins and bars for as little as $4 over spot from Pinehurst Coins, Scottsdale Mint and JM Bullion.  The premiums are so low, I can't pass it up.  As long as I can buy what appeals to me for a good price, it doesn't matter if it's their ebay listing or from their website.  But you definitely have to be careful not to get too eager and shop carefully for the best price.

Yeah, definitely have to shop around, then keep shopping around.  What bothers me about the Apmex ebay only deal is that its a screw you to customers on their own site. 

Its a modern equivalent to walking into a store and finding something you like on shelf A, buying it, and on your way out, you see the exact same item for less on shelf B.  Really, wtf. 

On 4/28/2018 at 02:19, mr1030 said:

Thanks for this.  I just ordered one.  The premium on their web site is double this amount.  They really jacked up the premium this year.  I bought the first one off their website when it was released and it was only about $40 over spot.

Someone on the 30th paid $1440 for one. I guess the deal his off and now Apmex makes their money back. $1440 is oner $125 over spot. Back to their website for a better but not great deal. Gold going down into the $1200 range as the dollar  strengthens.  That is okay for those that think the dollar is going higher because we be back to the $1200's very soon.

2016 Gold Proof Sovereign @ £520 - Showing on eBay. Maybe the most underestimated Sov of the last 10 years? 

It's a wonderful coin, any thoughts? I think it is worth more..... 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

2016 Gold Proof Sovereign @ £520 - Showing on eBay. Maybe the most underestimated Sov of the last 10 years? 

It's a wonderful coin, any thoughts? I think it is worth more..... 

Why/How - what is so special about this year - 7500 minted and not a variant.

4 hours ago, mondy41 said:

Why/How - what is so special about this year - 7500 minted and not a variant.

If it is the one I saw it has the Butler Head which I thought was a one off.  However I also thought the mintage was more than 7500.

Archived