• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

Just now, Paul said:

They are going to lose a fair bit of custom from folk here who are shall we say, overly frugal. 

If it aint broke, don't fix it 

The  "+3% on most items" business model was my key reason for repeat buying. 

No need to do the mental gymnastics and calculations

I think they are struggling, Ive sensed it for a while

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to go back to selling cheap, 2% on ounces, 3% on sovs of all kinds back to lucky dip, no cherry picking. Hgm sovs were attractive until people cherry picked and then it became obvious some were getting the dregs much of the time, thats when I looked elsewhere and I'm not the only one.

3.5% sovs are not a good deal, other dealers at least offer premium reductions on larger orders but not hgm. Why not? The pricing of specific dates and heads without guarantee of condition is difficult to justify when others offer the same coin at bullion prices. The old way was better. Hgm used to be good. 

4 minutes ago, KDave said:

Need to go back to selling cheap, 2% on ounces, 3% on sovs of all kinds back to lucky dip, no cherry picking. Hgm sovs were attractive until people cherry picked and then it became obvious some were getting the dregs much of the time, thats when I looked elsewhere and I'm not the only one.

3.5% sovs are not a good deal, other dealers at least offer premium reductions on larger orders but not hgm. Why not? The pricing of specific dates and heads without guarantee of condition is difficult to justify when others offer the same coin at bullion prices. The old way was better. Hgm used to be good. 

I am going to have a long hard think about what you have said for sovs. I can fill that void of spot plus 3 with consistent quantity as well, whilst I feel like its a kick in the teeth I am more than happy to fill the void they have now left, I can certainly do savings on bulk.

I do not buy from them any more.  what i think they have done is increase their margin on smaller coins and some sourced coins from bullion vaults etc. 

I to think some were getting rubbish while others got the best, those cherry picking  thought it was right and proper that it was the way to go, now where are those people.  Again 3.5% on sovs from a dealer is not a good deal, you can get that at lots of places ( in better condition) and with deferred delivery if you ask so you can add a  coin or two.   

Also selling to HGM, why would anyone sell to them at the prices they give now, looking at the sell margins on other coins I would want more for my coins from them now.  The margin on Gold should be narrow eg 5-6% at most at those prices.     

Dear HGM

You were my first love, we have been together since the beginning of my journey.   I used to feel so deeply for you, I’d do anything for you. When other doubted you I’d defend you, when others said I’d you’d betrayed me I defended you .

and this is how you treat me

i feel we have grown appart and you are just wanting more and more and not offering any thing it return.   So it’s time to cut our losses and move on

i hope you are like Snapchat and see the errors in your ways and come grovelling back with your tail between your legs begging for forgiveness 

until that day I feel our relationship is over

yours cornishfarmer 

11 hours ago, Chugnstack said:

Order is now dispatched... who dares wins

Lucky you.  I put a couple in my cart, noticed the buy with card which surprised me since they wouldn't take cards before so stopped to look around the site.  Went to check out but my cart was empty but others had them in carts according to the page.  Waited a few minutes and they came back into stock but went before I could check out again.  This happened a couple of times before I gave up.

My previous days coins arrived today  but nothing interesting, a 69 shield and 82 liberty head half eagle.

21 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins/pre-owned-2002-uk-half-gold-sovereign

looks like a good deal to me for someone looking to complete a set. Only have one. 

cheaper on ebay, especailly taking into account postage, nectar points and cashback https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Gold-Half-Sovereign-Coin/273075919064?hash=item3f9497d8d8:g:YkUAAOSwNZdakD3d

• 2 weeks later...

might not be the place for this

but wessex auction rooms are having an auction on 16th march 

lots or gold and silver, sovs etc

sorry if gold deals thread is not the place for this, couldnt see where else to mention it

could be some bargains?

I'm just waiting for Atkinson's to get them in I've got all my other 1/4 gold bullion qb from them and got ms69 on them am very happy with my sales from Atkinson's it was my very first gold buy from them few years ago. 

6 hours ago, Goldmick said:

I'm just waiting for Atkinson's to get them in I've got all my other 1/4 gold bullion qb from them and got ms69 on them am very happy with my sales from Atkinson's it was my very first gold buy from them few years ago. 

+1 for Atkinsons....have my QB on order with them!

Archived