• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Album

SilverPirate

I like many others have a low income, so i was looking for a way to stack,and make it interesting at the same time while getting that buying fix.I stumbled accross these coin albums and a little sterling or 80%,50% coin now and then from where ever i can find them, at a pace to suit me would be a way to fill the above criteria.

Have any of you got these albums and what have you got in them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151654743555?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bought one of these.

I have the smaller Schulz album with fixed pages of pockets.

I use it to house my 5 Reichsmark date run from all mints.

It's the only "collection" part of my stack, and it's the one I look at most frequently.

Stacker since 2013

On 19/08/2016 at 20:42, SilvergunSuperman said:

I bought something similar to keep my bullion coins neatly stored without having to cap them all. This was taken a while ago, I must admit it was quite satisfying filling my first page.

WP_20150516_11_34_45_Pro.jpg

The 4 ducat looks fabulous. Must get round to buying one... How delicate is it? Being so thin I'd be worried about over handling it

Bought another coin for the album i wont list every one but i think this is going to become adictive. Edward V11 Hong Kong 5 cents, .800 silver mintage of 6,000,000.  Did not break the bank at £3.10 deilivered, not effective for averaging, but this is not what this album is about, it is a bit of hobby fun. 

5 hours ago, NumisNewbie said:

The 4 ducat looks fabulous. Must get round to buying one... How delicate is it? Being so thin I'd be worried about over handling it

Before I bought it I wondered if they could be easily bent, being so thin and nearly 24ct, but it's surprisingly solid (I didn't try too hard though!). Mine is well-handled bullion but will always look impressive being the size of a 1oz silver coin.

9 hours ago, prophet800 said:

I collect Canadian silver proof dollars. Great looking coins and you can grab bargains on eBay if you look hard enough.

Good call for collecting.

Although silver fineness in the earlier editions is minimal, as you say these can be cheap and you got a lot of coin for your money.

I have a soft spot for this series ( as I do for the country) , and over time I have picked us almost all of the pre 2000 coins and about 50% since then

With one or two exceptions these are never going to make you your fortune, but due to the longevity of the series there is always something that you will need

You may have already discovered the mintage listing on Wikipedia, if not the link below should help and which is regularly updated. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_silver_dollar

On 22/08/2016 at 04:05, ArthGoch said:

Good call for collecting.

Although silver fineness in the earlier editions is minimal, as you say these can be cheap and you got a lot of coin for your money.

I have a soft spot for this series ( as I do for the country) , and over time I have picked us almost all of the pre 2000 coins and about 50% since then

With one or two exceptions these are never going to make you your fortune, but due to the longevity of the series there is always something that you will need

You may have already discovered the mintage listing on Wikipedia, if not the link below should help and which is regularly updated. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_silver_dollar

Yes I have the mintages already thanks.

I don't collect them for the money making aspect I just like the coins and I also have a soft spot for the country as well ☺. I have decided just to collect from 1970 onwards and just buy the odd one when I can snaffle a bargain.

What I do want to buy is a wooden box/display case to put them in but it's proving quite difficult without spending silly money.

Archived