• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seen Any 2017 Designs?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

25k less mintage than the Dime but limited to 1 per household this time instead of 10 so should be easier to buy.  I've setup my account ready :)

49 minutes ago, PureGold said:

It's the second of a three coin set they won't last long they will sell out quickly 

Unless rules are bent (with the 1 per house house), are there really going to be 100,000 people wanting to buy this? seems like a lot

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 minutes ago, Kman said:

Unless rules are bent (with the 1 per house house), are there really going to be 100,000 people wanting to buy this? seems like a lot

It seems like an awful lot to me if 1 per household was enforced.

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

well, America is a big place.......

perhaps the mint can stir up the publics appetite for these things as well as our RM does?

This may be a very poor metric, but the kind of views PM channels get on youtube are pretty low and that's with world wide viewers 

Is there a big cross over with these types of coins that goes well beyond the stacking/collector communities?

I haven't looked at price but I bet it's not to be sniffed at for your average household 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I honestly think it's the worrying trend where speculators are way higher than genuine collectors. I know it's mintage plus demand, but I would rather take an outside bet on a First Spouse coin with tiny mintage that everybody says don't buy, than a 100k issue everybody says do buy. 

Precious Metal Products    16EB    2016 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ    16,244
Precious Metal Products    16EC    2016 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ    3,804
Precious Metal Products    16ED    2016 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ    5,456
Precious Metal Products    16EE    2016 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ    15,221
Precious Metal Products    16EF    2016 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET    11,413
Precious Metal Products    16EL    2016 AM BUFFALO GOLD PROOF 1 OZ    18,284

These figures are for proof coins which are the same design year in year out.  100k with 1 per household is a lot but I think very possible for a 100 year commemorative coin.

The Gold Mercury dime sold out in 45 mins 125,000 coins 10 per house hold this coin is a guaranteed quick sell out imo.. people will be getting friends and family to order for extra coins and will have a lot more interest than regular coins 

I think the mint received a lot of complaints from regular buyers as the big bullion dealers were offering a quick $200 to $400 Profit on buying 10 coins of the Mercury and selling it to them.  That was the reason it sold out so quickly.  -  

The main result at this point is that people who bought MS70 PCGS and NGC at $400 a pop in the beginning got waxed.  You can look on ebay and pick up one PCGS first strike or NGC Early releases MS70 for around $260.  I myself bought 10 and sold off 8 at a quick profit.  

The quarter will be a totally different thing all together.  1 per household - Let the games begin.  Will it sell out on the first day?  We will see.

I usually receive offers from bullion dealers to buy and sell them the coin - but I do not think it would we cost effective for them to do this in this instance - (10 coins as opposed to one coin)  However, The bullion dealers have no problems devising new schemes to get as many coins as possible.  

The coin will also be priced at around $500.  

Archived