• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is the cheapest online dealer?

RisinSun

Hi guys, this is a quick question regarding where to buy the cheapest online gold and silver coins for delivery. 

Taking  into account that I am from the UK and will only buy low/non VAT silver and am only looking for closest to spot and lowest premium coins. 

Thanks to a random post in this forum I have found a website that seems to be selling the cheapest products I have seen however as its a company in Belgium, I do not know if after converting and paying conversion charges, will it still be cheaper than Coininvest/STG. 

So far the 3 sites I already knew of and have purchased from are;

Atkinsonsbullion

Silvertogo

Coininvest

And the new website goldsilver.be 

Those in UK that purchase from online dealers, what have you found to be overall cheapest. 

Thanks all. 

I wouldn't put Atkinsons within a country mile of a 'cheapest dealer' list.

Silver To Go.

Liberty Silver in Estonia seem pretty good, as well.

There are a lot of answers in this forum already; I suggest trawling them for a while.  There is even a free-to-access dealers register.

If you can collect from Hatton Garden. Bairds are usually a bit cheaper than Atkinsons for new gold British coins but their foreign range woudn't be as wide.                 Hatton Gardens Metals for pre-owned gold.

I don't know about silver:mellow:

• Founder & Administrator
48 minutes ago, RisinSun said:

Silvertogo

Coininvest

And the new website goldsilver.be

Also EuropeanMint

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, RisinSun said:

Thanks to a random post in this forum I have found a website that seems to be selling the cheapest products I have seen however as its a company in Belgium, I do not know if after converting and paying conversion charges, will it still be cheaper than Coininvest/STG. 

Always use a broker such as Transferwise or CurrencyFair as it is much cheaper than standard banking charges and rates.  With STG & CoinInvest it is actually cheaper to pay in € than £.  Last time I checked they worked on a 1.5% currency conversion rate whereas with a broker it is ~0.5%.  Only 1% but on gold it adds up.

You can also use gold.de to check prices on coins against various German dealers.

• Founder & Administrator
4 minutes ago, morezone said:

You can also use gold.de to check prices on coins against various German dealers.

+1 This website is very useful for comparing prices of multiple german dealers. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Celticgold if you order in batches and vault your orders for delivery every 3 months, or Goldsilver.be if you want immediate delivery.

Celticgold even tell you the premium you are paying on each coin. Current you can get a roll of Philharmonics for 17.66% above spot, or a single Kangaroo for 17.83% above spot. If not the cheapest, it;s pretty damn close. Min order is 500EUR.

2 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Did you use Transferwise to pay/exchange to Euros?

I will be using transfer wise when I make my first order at goldsilver.be. 

Thanks guys for the sites. I'll have a look at all the suggestions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 14:55, Scuzzle said:

Personally I'm finding Goldsilver to be the cheapest, used to be STG but if you fill 2x identical baskets just for the sake of comparison then Goldsilver is usually working out cheapest.

I agree, I've recently been buying from GoldSilver.be and they are quite a bit cheaper than STG.  Rapid (and cheaper) delivery too.

2 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

I agree, I've recently been buying from GoldSilver.be and they are quite a bit cheaper than STG.  Rapid (and cheaper) delivery too.

Don't Goldsilver.be charge 18 Euros for shipping and to be charged the same from stg you'd have to order 6kg?

5 hours ago, Murph said:

Don't Goldsilver.be charge 18 Euros for shipping and to be charged the same from stg you'd have to order 6kg?

Yes but still generally cheaper unless you're just buying a few coins.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 30/07/2016 at 01:45, SilverSniper said:

I've just bought from gold silver.be and they're definitely cheaper than stg, but their website looks much less professional. With stg I got my gear within two working days. Im still waiting for the shipping from Belgium to make a proper comparison. Also I don't like the fact that gold silver.be don't use encryption on their website. 

Archived