• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice on how to spend £11000

RisinSun

Thanks to every one for all the information provided. I am now sure of what to spend the money on and how to spend it. Now to just wait for the price I want to pay for it. Gold seems to be rising back up..  Will be definitely going to Hatton Gardens Metals thanks for that shout out. 

Thanks guys! 

I have done something similar but not as much cash. If it's purely and coldly to invest , I might be tempted to say go all sovereigns low premium, but I want some coins I can enjoy and look at, and then some low premium bullion. I went for a mixture of bullion kangaroos and then some proofs I liked and a bit of platinum. Only have one silver coin, a 5oz high relief wedge tailed eagle. My one bit of advice would be chance your arm on an ounce of platinum. It's less than 50% it's historical high right now. I just have a feeling the risk might be worth it, high, but the upside could be very high too. If only VAT wasn't a pain!

All good fun. Better than smoking. Will be interesting seeing how things do in subsequent years. 

12 hours ago, StinkyLebinowitz said:

The way I am looking at metals and investing right now is if metals only return to their previous highs, no more no less, then silver is going to double and gold won't.

I have to agree with that. I wanted to buy silver, quite a bit in this investment, however I think the prices right now are too much and per silver coin I pay like 25% premium. To convert the premium value to the Gold/Silver ratio: 1 Oz gold coin will hold a premium of £50 whereas silver premium at the value of 1 Oz gold is 5x67 around £335 premium for the same value. 

Bank of England may lower interest rates today. Metals to rise I believe. 

Archived