• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK tax refund = more Silver this month

UKSILVERCOINS

For those that are not aware.

It's that time of year

Find out if you are due a refund for the last financial year. You can claim a tax refund for up to the last 6 years.

You may or may not be owed anything but it's worth a go. It's your money sitting unclaimed.

Contact Opening hours

8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday

8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday

Closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day

0300 200 3310

20mins ish waiting time before you actually speak to an adviser.

My cheque is in the post.

Yes sometimes the refunds are payed automatically in with your May paycheck but not all the time.

Some people may also find that they are on emergency tax if their employer hasn't provided HMRC with the right tax code.

-----------------------------------

You may have paid too much tax if:

you started a new job and had an emergency tax code for a while

your employer was using the wrong tax code

you were only employed for part of the year

you're a student who only worked at holiday times

you had more than one job at the same time

other income you have that is taxed through your tax code for example, savings/investment income has reduced since you last told HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) about it - which means the amount of income included in your tax code is too high

you stopped working and didn't get any taxable earnings or benefits for the rest of the tax year

your circumstances changed - for example you changed from full to part-time working or became self-employed

you were made redundant

you received payments after leaving such as arrears of pay, payments in lieu of notice, unpaid holiday pay, redundancy or termination payments including compensation for loss of office or employment

Something not many people know is that if you work at a temporary work place you can claim travel expenses even if you're paye, if you work on a building site or travel to different places because of your job you can get 20% back on all expenses, the tax man won't tell you this but so many people are owed thousands, thousands that they will never get back unless they fill out a paye self assessment form.    

I receive e-mails from martins money tips and he saves me a bit here and there this month it is how to claim tax relief for uniform, if you wash your own uniform and can not ware it out in your personal life you are entitled to tax relief i have sent a letter off to the tax people Martin says it should take five weeks.

If you look on his web site it tells you what to do. 

• 3 weeks later...

I receive e-mails from martins money tips and he saves me a bit here and there this month it is how to claim tax relief for uniform, if you wash your own uniform and can not ware it out in your personal life you are entitled to tax relief i have sent a letter off to the tax people Martin says it should take five weeks.

If you look on his web site it tells you what to do. 

I finally got a reply from the tax office apparently i never changed anything from my last job and was already claiming for uniform,but i do not have private medical with the new job and i was still paying tax for that so they gave me a rebate of £247 so was well worth a stamp.

Archived