• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

stackspot

Buying Bitcoin

15 posts in this topic

@stackpot compare some of the p2p exchanges against https://bitcoinaverage.com to see the premium that there is there.

The UK banking system is very much against digital currencies and therefore there aren't actually any UK exchanges per se.

Depending on how much you want it may be worth using an exchange with EUR orderbook if you bank is SEPA compatible

If you just want a tiny amount PM me, I don't usually sell to invidiuals but don't mind doing a favour maybe for a silver/gold trade even :)

Thanks for the replies

As I am just starting to look into this it is becoming clear that I need to know and understand Bitcoin more than I do now

4 hours ago, sg86 said:

@stackpot compare some of the p2p exchanges against https://bitcoinaverage.com to see the premium that there is there.

The UK banking system is very much against digital currencies and therefore there aren't actually any UK exchanges per se.

Depending on how much you want it may be worth using an exchange with EUR orderbook if you bank is SEPA compatible

If you just want a tiny amount PM me, I don't usually sell to invidiuals but don't mind doing a favour maybe for a silver/gold trade even :)

Thanks for the offer but not at the moment

I might pm you in future to see if that is still available;)

Edited by stackspot

9 hours ago, Pipers said:

I was told by a tech head to use free net when buying cryptos, I don't use free net myself. 

huh

On 11 July 2016 at 23:43, Pipers said:

I was told by a tech head to use free net when buying cryptos, I don't use free net myself. 

I think you mean darknet. Not a good idea, for so many reasons

Ok this may sound daft to you guys who know this stuff already....
I bought one bitcoin in Nov2015 through a site called coinfloor.
I didn't really know what i was doing to be honest, but i read a bit about Bitcoin being the future, so spent £250 or so on 1 bitcoin.

My real question is,  How do i sell it?

it's worth near £1000 now.  or should i hang on to it?

I would sell most of the bitcoin, you don't need to sell all of it sell all or most of the profit its up to you, You paid £250 why not keep £400 and sell the rest and buy Gold and silver bullion then you would have 3 alternative assets. As I said its up to you.  You will have your coin in your wallet you just need to go to one of the exchanges, the exchange will have a help section.  

1 hour ago, ARGAR said:

Ok this may sound daft to you guys who know this stuff already....
I bought one bitcoin in Nov2015 through a site called coinfloor.
I didn't really know what i was doing to be honest, but i read a bit about Bitcoin being the future, so spent £250 or so on 1 bitcoin.

My real question is,  How do i sell it?

it's worth near £1000 now.  or should i hang on to it?

You could sell on localbitcoins

If you're happy with the rate then I think you just register, transfer the btc to your wallet on there.

You'd choose somebody suitable to sell to (I would only accept bank transfer) and when they have paid you click a button to release the coins to them.

52 minutes ago, ARGAR said:

Localbitcoins eh?

Thanks mate I'll check them out. :)

I sold .5 bitcoin on LocalBitcoin the other week

It took ages for the .5 to get confirmed transferred to the local bitcoin wallet, like 7 hours or something crazy 

I then sold it to a quick buyer for bank transfer

I chose someone who had the best feedback 

Went quick and smooth 

The only bad part was the hours waiting to get confirmed in the bloody localbitcoin wallet :rolleyes: thought bitcoin was suppose to be a fast easy thing lol. 

ARGAR likes this