• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Collecting Mexican Libertads Proof | BU

UKSILVERCOINS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my view is governments do not define what a coin is.

(there's been coinage way before any of the modern

governments existed)

trade defines what a coin is.

HH

I like that HH. Agreed.

I suppose the Libertad is a coin to some and a round in others opinion.

Stacker since 2013

Horrible.

And way over priced.

legal tender is subjective to the government in power,

so is not an entirely reliable way of differentiating

coins from rounds.

HH

You would also have the legal term aceptable tender too! In some US states silver is used as eceptable tender by state law and of course all money printed by Scottish banks.

So let's bring this thread back to Libertads. Who here is pro Libertad and will be picking up 2015 Libs as they emerge?

39a0a2037b06f03edd4210c8e931387a.jpg

I spent today at Moma in New York and in my view Libs are up there with

5ca86e4002157988d86f428266991f7f.jpg

Or

d9bd3599ddd06d02a857ac37c07bec09.jpg

What do you guys think?

2015 Silver BU

2015 Silver proof 5 sets

2015 Silver proof 7 sets

2015 Gold BU or Proof?

I've got the 2015 Proof 7 coin set on order and will pickup a 2015 1oz BU, and also a 2014 1oz BU which I forgot to buy at the time.  I may even pickup a 2015 5oz BU because it's a good size coin (Lunar 2 size)

I would like to get the 5 coin proof set but then I would want to back date the sets and quite frankly, it's not affordable for me.

I think the 7 coin set will be good this year. What will be very interesting are the proof mintages after a very low mintage year.

I would like to see them innovate more like a 10oz proof and one coin that is only available in the sets and nowhere else.

I think the 7 coin set will be good this year. What will be very interesting are the proof mintages after a very low mintage year.

I would like to see them innovate more like a 10oz proof and one coin that is only available in the sets and nowhere else.

in what way will it be good, won't it look just like all the other years.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

in what way will it be good, won't it look just like all the other years.

Not at all - the coa will be a different color and the year will be unique totally with 2015 printed on the paper and the year 2015 matching on the coins themselves.

Where is the best place to order the Proof Libertad sets from if you live in the UK?

Gold or Silver?

The easiest source of Libs is dealers in Germany via Ebay.

Where is the best place to order the Proof Libertad sets from if you live in the UK?

Gold or Silver?

The easiest source of Libs is dealers in Germany via Ebay.

4aea56fb9bae2c197706ed5f0527c365.jpg

This is one I have used. Even easier is a wtb in the forum here. Maybe I will sell some of mine ))

Numistacker, on your proof Libertad Gold coin is that marks or is it the capsule.

I will probably only buy the BU's this year in Gold and silver.  I like my BU Gold 1oz it's got that south American look about it, I've got to get the 1/2 ounce this year. 

Numistacker, on your proof Libertad Gold coin is that marks or is it the capsule.

I will probably only buy the BU's this year in Gold and silver. I like my BU Gold 1oz it's got that south American look about it, I've got to get the 1/2 ounce this year.

No it's probably the capsule thankfully the coins are perfect. I am waiting for 1/4 1/10 and 1/20th gold bu 2015 as the half and 1oz were over my budget.

• 1 month later...

@HelpingHands

Not got them personally but watched an unboxing last night from apex and there was a 5oz lib there in a capsule.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Proofs come in caps.  BU do not and as far as Iam aware, 2oz come stacked in a roll of 20 and the 5oz come in 5s in some plastic contraption separating the coins.

Archived