• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hattongardens metals

ChrisSilver

Looks like you got the last one kman :(

I think there might of only been one, not sure 

Sorry about that  :P

What condition are HGM coins usually is? is it a toss up whether you get a nice one or a banged up one, or do they not sell banged up ones or..

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive just received 2 unicore bars from hgm my other halfs opened them as im at work (damn she knows about my silver ) shes only aware of the 2 x 5 g gold sim cards I bought  didn't tell her about the 32 oz of coins and bars ,, anyway back to the unboxing  she informs me theyre in plastic sleeves both unicore and in good condition

ive just received 2 unicore bars from hgm my other halfs opened them as im at work (damn she knows about my silver ) shes only aware of the 2 x 5 g gold sim cards I bought  didn't tell her about the 32 oz of coins and bars ,, anyway back to the unboxing  she informs me theyre in plastic sleeves both unicore and in good condition

Good good, you going to post pictures?

I will get mine tomorrow hopefully, apparently posted today. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Half and full Sovs are being sold with a +4.0% premium 1.0% more than the other gold coins they sell.

Just business. High qty, fast moving. Makes sense to make as much as you can based on supply and demand.

obviously the £6.50 has to be considered against other free delivery companies

They include the price of delivery in the normal price then call it free delivery, but if you're buying more than one item, you're paying more than you probably needed to. 

I used to part own a company selling dresses, we would drop ship them from China, the cost of delivery with UPS was about $30, we used to include the price of delivery in the dress and say "free delivery worldwide!"  lol

If we put the price of the dress at £70 then when they went to buy it the postage said £17.50 people would be more pissed off than if it just says the dress is £89.99 free delivery. 

good point I think hgm are a couple of quid less than atkinsons on a mixed year sov  even with the del on ....cracking deal if you can collect in person

Cool if your in the area but by the time you add travel expenses to the cost it maybe cheaper to go delivery.

I quite like the feeling of looking at the coin then buying the coin in person. It's certainly more time consuming but far more enjoyable.

From my experience, just to share - if you post a gold coin to HGM using Special Delivery you should expect payment into you bank the following day. Because HGM are in London they typically receive their post around 9:00am and by noon or early afternoon the cash is in your bank. Super company to deal with !!

The 1/10th coin I received today was in near perfect condition and was sent out very quickly to me.

Excellent price, lovely coin, quick delivery, great stuff.

Glad to hear.

Often I see near perfect coins but I have had some very shabby as well so pot luck really buying unseen bullion.

Glad to hear.

Often I see near perfect coins but I have had some very shabby as well so pot luck really buying unseen bullion.

I'm not sure id trust buying an oz unseen, it's a lot of money to spend to get something unsightly, would rather spend an extra £30 on something new.

Suppose could always email or call them and ask about the condition before hand.

But for a 1/10 it was only a little gamble 

I'm not sure id trust buying an oz unseen, it's a lot of money to spend to get something unsightly, would rather spend an extra £30 on something new.

Suppose could always email or call them and ask about the condition before hand.

But for a 1/10 it was only a little gamble 

Kman, you have to remember that the chances are, unlike sovs which have been around for centuries and have been used in general circulation, the newer coins havn't and as such will be in good condition. The chances are they have been sitting in someones drawer or safe since they were bought, and only seen the light of day when they were sent on to HGM. 

You might find the odd knocked sov or krugerand, but I bet your bottom dollar that anything else will be in as good a condition as anything in your own stack.

I received on more than one ocassion pretty crappy ounce gold coins from HGM.

Once a stunning 2013 Britannia had an edge filed so all the reeding was missing.

I photographed it and HGM apologised and quickly replaced it with no hassle but it should never have been sent out.

Similar story with sovereigns where they were once mounted in jewellery and showed 2 or 3 deep crimps.

HGM have always been receptive to such cases but at the end of the day they are selling bullion used coins and expect wear and some damage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Look at these in the 'Collectors Coins' section on Atkinson's.

http://atkinsonsbullion.com/collectors-coins

Will any coin collectors want them when they've been soldered to make jewellery?

Wrong topic. Please repost in a relevant topic thread.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

those Guinea Gold coins represent a little bit of history, im sure iphone wont be fetching keen prices in 225 years time! guess the Guinea might have appreciated a few groat by then.

Not my cup of tea personally. They have been on their site for a week or so now, it doesn't like they are anyone elses either at the moment either.

Wrong topic. Please repost in a relevant topic thread. I don't like to see topics go too off track as then users searching through related topics to their search have to read through unrelated posts. Thanks for your understanding :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Back on topic. I personally have used HGM maybe 18-20 in the past 4 years stacking.  Single items and also larger purchases. All handled the same way

I have always found them very fair on price. I like it how they don't get keen on adding a few % to the price when it is a rare item.  

Nice they have the philosophy of pile it high, get it out the door.

Great it is possible to pick up small fractional coins without the usual high premiums. 1/4 and 1/2 krugs appear quite often

Ive picked up some good silver coin rarities & rare years from HGM that would have been £10-£20 per coin more to buy on FleaBay

Apart from from one order, i have had all of them next day delivery.  perfect

Very fair company to use.

Archived