• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to start worrying yet??

walesdave

Drove up to Atkinsons today and sold my entire stack - 50 sovs and 30oz of silver.

Happy with the price abd paid £5 for same day payment.

Checked bank on the drive back at 4ish - no money. called Atkinsons who said they would process my payment in the next 10-20 minutes and it wiould take up to 2 hours to hit my account.

6 hours later and it's still not there.

Checked my copy of the paperwork and it has the correct bank details (thank God!).

Think Atkinsons we're late processing or my bank don't update after a certain time of day??

Any ideas......getting worried as it really is my entire life savings....

:(

I don't drink!!! Might be time to start:unsure:

Not worried about Atkinsons' honesty - I've dealt with them as a buyer many times and they've always been reliable, and the lady in the shop was very nice and got me an extra 1% on the price.

Just worried in case there's been a technical cock-up and my money is lost in the banking system - could be on Nationwides' end rather than Atkinsons....and I'm also a bit annoyed that I paid for same day payment and it hasn't shown up....

19 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Your account might update at midnight or 2am.  Maybe phone the bank as they'll see transactions before you.

Yep - going to stay up and check the account later, just a bit miffed as I know 'FasterPayments' shouldn't need to wait for the recieving banks reconcilliation....

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

Can I ask if you're planning to buy back in again should spot drop? 

If the wife was here the answer would be 'No way; this is for our house deposit'....but the wife isn't here!

Yep, bet your bottom silver dollar! Gold is worse than a Class A drug!  Price drops and I'll be back in there like a ferret ;) . Will probably have to calm down the buying though, was getting 5 to 10 sovereigns a month for the last 6 or 7 months. Can't sustain that level while trying to move up the housing ladder. 

Have to say I don't think I'll bother with silver again; Gold and Silver are similar to my other hobby, Marine fish and Tropical fish; once you've tasted the fancy (and expensive) side of things, the cheaper option which got you started is just not so interesting any more

If I had just exchanged all my physical back into fiats then I'd be worried too.

Why on earth would you do that if you believe in metal as a crisis hedge? For a 1-off 15% jump in inherently unstable fiats? Today is proof that currencies and other digital assets are determined by most things outside of our control or comprehension. 

Update....

Just spoke to Atkinsons. Appears their bank had problems yesterday afternoon and they couldn't send any sameday payments so the lady doing them went home and is planning on doing them this morning.

I accept this as we've all had 'technical difficulties' of some sort or another but I did make the point to Mr Atkinson that I've been worried all yesterday evening and night - even getting up at 5 in the morning to see if my bank had 'updated' when all this could have been avoided if his payments lady had just picked up the phone and let me know.

Again, I understand they'd all had an extremely long working day yesterday and the banking problem wasn't their doing, but I'm very unimpressed by the lack of communication. 

Will update again when my payment arrives!

I have found them to be great Dave. Howver, best to watch all transactions closely as they paid for for quarters when I had sent half oz's. This happened twice.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

A bit of a cheek still charging you the same day payment fee even after you'd been on the phone.  Someone should have arranged for this to be added back on during or just after your call.

I've had a few glitches with them before and have only once received a small discount for the trouble.  Granted they weren't to blame in every instance.

Archived