• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How are you storing 1g Coins?

If you take them out of the plastic then you are potentially devaluing them?

Leave them in or send them for grading.

1 minute ago, forgottenmemorie said:

I want a capsule for one of them..

Yes they are in OMP..

Edit:

We just posted at the same time.

As it's for one ask @morezone as I think he capped one.

Who offers a middle man service for NGC grading..

Im in UK, 9 coins

Or should I just register and send direct? 

I can help if you would like to get the graded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Numistacker said:

I can help if you would like to get the graded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been meaning to ask you this, can you PM me details if its something you're happy to do?

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

I store mine OMP  1g pandas in a 50x50mm Quadrum capsule

That fits just fine, for the 3g i use a large Quadrum

Edit: 3g fits the same capsule, it is the 8g that needs bigger Quadrum

This prevent it from sliding around in the OMP

DSCN0842.JPG

2 hours ago, forgottenmemorie said:

Who offers a middle man service for NGC grading..

Im in UK, 9 coins

Or should I just register and send direct? 

So you are spending ££ on the near highest premium coin, to get the least amount of gold for your £ cash for the most modern and the most abundant unlimited mintages of said 1g coin

You are then going to go to the expense of getting each graded at whatever it is $20odd per coin/slab, AND pay to send them registered and insured to the USA AND pay for the the return carriage

You then maybe get sick of your seeing gold spot price each day flat-lining a pounds up and down each week and you decide you wish to cash in your slabbed micro-panda beauties at your local cash for gold place.  You get offered 90-98% of spot for them based solely on their inherent gold content only, which on beer mats maths will probaly be around 40-50% of what you have paid out thus far, net result you have lost 50% on your invested cash

These plastic coffins of expense, they call graded coins are there to impress americans, the love of slabbed isnt as big over here in UK.   

If you have smallish stack to start, just buy a single full/half sovereign every time you've got few quid hundred spare. Your risk spread % between buy and sell is then massively lower, around 5-6%   

4 hours ago, Bosse68 said:

I store mine OMP  1g pandas in a 50x50mm Quadrum capsule

That fits just fine, for the 3g i use a large Quadrum

Edit: 3g fits the same capsule, it is the 8g that needs bigger Quadrum

This prevent it from sliding around in the OMP

DSCN0842.JPG

That looks very smart, I'm going to get some of them..

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really get why the are considered to be packed, it doesn't change it's meta contents when it's out of the pack or had been breathing some fresh air outside a plastic holder for a minute :rolleyes:

Archived