• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Head, heart, gut

Cornishfarmer

Just now, sg86 said:

same doesn't apply to silver? or did you mean PMs in general

PM's in general but some have been better long term stores of value than others.

Remember though that this is a tax issue and as such there is the risk that the goal posts could and probably will be changed in the future.

going cgt free should work well if you're saving up via pm's for

something like a house. lets say you buy £10k worth of cgt free

lions. they rise modestly but inflation goes ballistic over the next

ten years. you end up with £16k worth of inflation adjusted coins

but are sold at £50k after taking into account of inflation at time

of sale. you need to sell it all at the same time to raise capital

for the house purchase.(mostly because the pm's have done

their stuff and you don't want to wait and risk the price falling)

if it was not for cgt free, you'll end with a cgt bill of £50k-10k-(~15k)

x18% or at least £4k5(or £900 in todays money). which could

delay the house purchase. if £1 could inflate to £200(sovereign)

in ~100 years then is it too farfetched for £10k to inflate to £50k

in 10 years.

we don't know what the future holds, but we should position

ourselves today for any opportunities that arise.

HH

Get a (x2) 1/4 gold beast & (x1) 1/2 oz panda - WIN WIN WIN ! you get a bit of each and your cash is spread over three items rather than one :) 

Personally when it comes to each buying event, for me i go with what is the 'best value' for my cash on the day/week of purchase, and has got me a mix of weird and wonderful items over the years.

A 1/2 oz krugerrand one month, a roll of early 2000 kooks another month, a few half sovereigns at near spot locally another month, last month it was just a 1/10 lunar gold sheep, last year I held on to funds for a few months to build and then (x100) 2007 britannias came up on ebay for well below their usual eBay retail price. Funds were there job done.

Archived