• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Head, heart, gut

Cornishfarmer

Can't make a decision

head = 1oz gold bullion

heart = 1 oz queens beasts

gut = 1/2 oz gold panda

all roughly same price.    Shouldn't be thinking panda but it's a good date sealed and will have good upside but would have to sell to Germany/USA when time comes because market not here yet

thoughts appreciated

I could only base any decision like that on your existing stack ratio.

Not knowing what that is I would go 1 oz gold because it is very liquid but then over time the GSR has a high probability of going down which would lean towards silver.

Follow your heart while using your head and fill your gut :D

You like pandas & know the current worth of what you are looking at,so if I was you I'd buy panda, the others will only be worth a % of spot if you need to sell. If you are contemplating buying the panda so will others.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

1 hour ago, ApisMellifera said:

I'm going for the heart :) and would go for the QB, the design is great ! Love it.

Numero uno of the series, get it while you can I would say? We are already half way through the year!:mellow: gosh times flies ey.

I would say beast too. If you can get it for the same price as a 1oz bullion coin, it's a no-brainer. As AM says, it's the first of the series, it's a good punt, can't lose.

If you like your pandas though, you pay what you have to. If you see the upside, you will have the enjoyment of owning it in the meantime.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

4 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

how confident are you about selling the panda at

a profit? what's your success rate so far?

I also vote the lion coin. a flexible solid choice.

HH

Only sold a couple in past but they did me well,  don't have a panda that is worth less than I paid for it, finding a buyer may be the problem @Numistacker has had some VERY good prices on ms70's that should go very quickly but when sovs come on for a good price they sell quickly. This has got me questioning the pandas.  If I go for the QB will wait until the vote is in and spot should drop 

12 minutes ago, morezone said:

I'd go with the QB.  Panda would be a good choice if you were in the US/Far East/Germany.  

Would eBay's global shipping cause too much added expense for international buyers or will those panda people pay up?

Most panda buyer is collectors,

'They pay whats needed for right year

1/2oz are special couse low mintage

If you not go for the panda, let me know couse I might be able to buy it from you

in this case I would separate what it's worth with

what I can sell it for. if it costs me £10 to pay the

auction house to sell £100 worth of coin then it's

value to me is £90 present value.

will the pound rise faster against the dollar than

gold after the referendum?

gold from range $1244-$1303? or 4%7

pound to dollar 1.45-1.52? or 4%8

(it's assuming gold will have a sustained rise after

the jobs data)

the 100% premium over spot makes me uncomfortable,

it could difficult to gauge if collectors budgets get hit

equally by a possible recession.

HH

24 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Would eBay's global shipping cause too much added expense for international buyers or will those panda people pay up?

The GSP would open up an eBay listing to international customers and shipping will be relatively low for such a small item.  There will be some people who would rather buy from their own domestic market.  Also, going through eBay increases the premium.  

In those other countries where there is a large Panda collector base they also have additional platforms to sell/buy.  eBay would be the last resort for most since it adds ~13% on a private sale value.  The UK doesn't have enough collectors so shifting it would be a little slower.

Queens beast 1 oz is £10 more than the 22ct 1 oz Britannia (Cheapest 1 oz Brit) on Bairds - I compare it to Britannia and not generic oz as the coin is CGT free which may or not be a factor you are willing to pay for? The design and finish are exceptional but it is just a bullion coin and I will expect to sell it to a dealer for spot when the time comes, CGT free.

Did I mention they are CGT free? :P 

how confident are you about selling the panda at

a profit? what's your success rate so far?

I also vote the lion coin. a flexible solid choice.

HH

Only sold a couple in past but they did me well,  don't have a panda that is worth less than I paid for it, finding a buyer may be the problem @Numistacker has had some VERY good prices on ms70's that should go very quickly but when sovs come on for a good price they sell quickly. This has got me questioning the pandas.  If I go for the QB will wait until the vote is in and spot should drop 

Although I didn't have huge success despite great prices the forum has a limited audience. There is no problem selling pandas generally and pandas have much more of a following than qb. Qb will be a good series but probably not great and we have absolutely no idea on sales or mintages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

If I ever make enough money out of pm's to be cgt taxable I'll happily pay!!!!

if pm's is a store of value, the problem lies when you're

asked to pay cgt when the purchasing power of your pm's

have gone up little but the figures have artificially gone up

a lot(hyperinflation).

HH

4 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

if pm's is a store of value, the problem lies when you're

asked to pay cgt when the purchasing power of your pm's

have gone up little but the figures have artificially gone up

a lot(hyperinflation).

HH

This has become my main concern with gold, more to do with what the £ is going to look like given the potential length of time I could be holding. Even without hyperinflation. 

4 minutes ago, KDave said:

This has become my main concern with gold, more to do with what the £ is going to look like given the potential length of time I could be holding. Even without hyperinflation. 

same doesn't apply to silver? or did you mean PMs in general

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Archived