• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Niels87 said:

I don't get it...

Most website price these over €100 and at goldsilver it say 18-19euro (but not in stock) and on that website of shortstack €37,5.

Is this the same coin ?

At the moment the pricing is all down to allocations and availability.  Once the coins start coming out of the Mint to the dealers at a steady rate then prices should drop to normal levels.

30 minutes ago, morezone said:

At the moment the pricing is all down to allocations and availability.  Once the coins start coming out of the Mint to the dealers at a steady rate then prices should drop to normal levels.

Oke, so people are  just paying crazy premiums to have it a bit earlier... 

I think this is a terrible buy at anything more than just a few dollars over spot - mintage is a very low 1 million pieces.  If gold Krug's are any indication- they are a spot value coin, then the silver will be no different. 

What other 1 million mintage coin commands or as held such premium over spot?

I am with @vand on this one. Patience should go a long way into allowing us to buy that a far more acceptable premium. Just need to wait for the likes of Chards and Atkinsons to start offering them... or even the Royal Mint for that matter, as they now have an option "World coins", at least for gold.

I'm not even half-arsed if they don't come down. It's not like there's a shortage of other very nice coins to take your pick from.

As a comparison, it's easily possible to pick up 2016 kooks and koalas which supposedly have mintages of 500,000 & 300,000, and they are well regarded coins with a long history, so I really think that the market for limited mintages is probably near saturation. If everyone released "limited" mintages coins then there would be no shortage at all.. if you know what I mean.

On 3/15/2017 at 17:04, Oldun said:

Indeed, that I did mention myself earlier in the thread. I think I may not have made myself clear enough. I am only asking people to forget the coin, ALL coins and just focus on the wording.

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/silver-krugerrand/?&cat=933&sort=pricehl&link=silver_krugerrand_available&linkcat=new-arrivals

Humans are fascinating to quote Dr. Spock. There are 58 black holder SP70 first release left and 358 white holder early release left (couldn't get the numbers from GovMint as they just have a generic "limited to 500 for purchase" on anything any everything)

The colour black with "first release" seems to appeal psychologically and visually to buyers more than the colour white and "early release" despite there being absolutely no difference whatsoever  between the two in terms of grade level or the period in which they were graded (first 30 days). Weird but

On 15/03/2017 at 08:07, sovereignsteve said:

I will definitely pick up some bullion coins but only if I can get them at Goldsilver.be prices, and perhaps a proof if at a reasonable price.

You are quite generous .....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

i will buy one if i can get it for the same price as a brit or eagle , i certainly wont pay the silly prices at the moment for a design that is going to stay the same year after year and tbh its not that special a design is it ? 

39 minutes ago, daz said:

i will buy one if i can get it for the same price as a brit or eagle , i certainly wont pay the silly prices at the moment for a design that is going to stay the same year after year and tbh its not that special a design is it ? 

WE never know about the design because this is first year release  , it has a privy so I would say it's similar to the 2017 sovereign , second year they might use newer design we never know 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Just got an email from MCM, $1,495 for a roll... These people are crazy... I'll go ahead and call it now, the biggest flop in Bullion history... No one not even collectors will pay these prices... And MCM will sit on these and loose their butts...

I THINK EVERYONE BETTER PICK EM UP WHILE THEY CAN.  

They only have 17 rolls of Early releases and 16 rolls of first releases left.

Then they are all gone forever. Every last one. Gone. Never to be seen again. 

Wait a minute:

17 x 20 = 340

16 x 20 = 320

So a total of 660 coins of the 1,000,000 mintage.

??????????????

How much for a roll - $1500 or $75 per ounce/coin.  

:o:blink:

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/silver-krugerrand/?&sort=date_added&link=silver_krug_rolls&linkcat=homepage

Lol...even looks like the case they have put them in will rattle the living heck out of the coins too. Have we reached a peak moment with these now ? I think this marketing effort for these rolls is it!

image.png

Archived