• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wait is almost over! MCM, the official North American distributor for the first-ever Silver Krugerrand, is excited to announce that the Silver Krugerrand will be available for purchase on March 13th! These highly anticipated coins are expected to be the release of the century. Sign-up to make sure you are notified the moment they are available from MCM!

Not only will the Silver Krugerrands be available on March 13th, but they will be available certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) with MCM's exclusive label! See a preview of these exclusive labels below, accompanied by both white and black core holders from NGC. 

47 minutes ago, hedvigahlgren11 said:

The wait is almost over! MCM, the official North American distributor for the first-ever Silver Krugerrand, is excited to announce that the Silver Krugerrand will be available for purchase on March 13th! These highly anticipated coins are expected to be the release of the century. Sign-up to make sure you are notified the moment they are available from MCM!

Not only will the Silver Krugerrands be available on March 13th, but they will be available certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) with MCM's exclusive label! See a preview of these exclusive labels below, accompanied by both white and black core holders from NGC. 

Nice post, must confess I nearly PML

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

EMK has the 1 oz proof at only €245 with a mintage of 15k
Now they are really taking the piss
https://www.emk.com/en-us/series/south-africa/krugerrand/krugerrand-1-oz-iksud11721

It was €179 up until yesterday. This morning it had gone up and looks like its had another jump.
It'll all be down to allocation and availability. As their stocks deplete they always increase the price. If it's available elsewhere at a cheaper price then I suggest that people buy elsewhere.
Here's how I see it. Does a company sell something with a minimal profit and sell out within a week with limited supply. Or does it sell at maximum profit over a much longer period of time with exactly the same limited supply.

8 minutes ago, morezone said:

It was €179 up until yesterday. This morning it had gone up and looks like its had another jump.
It'll all be down to allocation and availability. As their stocks deplete they always increase the price. If it's available elsewhere at a cheaper price then I suggest that people buy elsewhere.
Here's how I see it. Does a company sell something with a minimal profit and sell out within a week with limited supply. Or does it sell at maximum profit over a much longer period of time with exactly the same limited supply.

Yes I see, only just got the email about it so assumed it had just gone on sale.

I was looking at some of these and noticed some were slabbed as early release and first release. I know there is no difference at all between the two but which would people choose if they had to ? Personal survey. Me, I would go for early release.

24 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I was looking at some of these and noticed some were slabbed as early release and first release. I know there is no difference at all between the two but which would people choose if they had to ? Personal survey. Me, I would go for early release.

If that was all the choice I had, I don't think I would buy at all. Hate those early release designations.

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Personally, won't buy the silver rand, or an early and first strike designation, just a money making racket

Thank you for that but I was asking which of the two terminologies people prefer, not the coin.

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

If that was all the choice I had, I don't think I would buy at all. Hate those early release designations.

So The reality is that these designations are here to stay if there is a market for them (as there appears to be at the moment anyway) so we all might as well get used to it or ignore it. To each their own. Obviously, it takes years to become good at learning how to grade and as it is commonly said, buy the coin not the holder.

This Krugerrand offering is stirring up a lot of positive and mostly negative opinions online, since release due entirely to the price for the mintage announced.  It will be fascinating to see how the actual coin fares as a first ever produced silver coin (as well as being a first ever 1 Rand denominated PM coin). The market will always decide of course.

5 hours ago, Oldun said:

This Krugerrand offering is stirring up a lot of positive and mostly negative opinions online, since release due entirely to the price for the mintage announced.  It will be fascinating to see how the actual coin fares as a first ever produced silver coin (as well as being a first ever 1 Rand denominated PM coin). The market will always decide of course.

I will definitely pick up some bullion coins but only if I can get them at Goldsilver.be prices, and perhaps a proof if at a reasonable price.

8 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Just bought 6 proofs from Lpm today..Price has risen 3 times since yesterday's release

This Krugerrand business is crazy.  Do you know what LPM original price was.  Now a little over £200 :o

Archived