• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just Broke the 250 Ounce barrier! :)

Shamatti

I was just updating my spreadsheet with latest purchases. Seems those Libertads took me back over the 250th Ounce mark again. 257.5 to be precise! :D :D It will be a few years before I am back at my previous total, but well on the way and happy with progress so far! :)

Your'e well on the way towards 8 kilos   B) I have a long way to go to catch you up

According to the spread sheet:

Total in Kg 8.0093312597   Total in Oz 257.5

:D

(I really should format that cell to have 2 decimal places one of these days! lol I am so lazy when it comes to fine details! :rolleyes:

Nice one Sham, well done mate.

More than you thought then?

I knew it was coming up but had not been paying much attention. Last I checked it was approx 230 Oz. Sort of forgot about it then it didn't click when I ordered the tube that it would take me over. He he, onwards and upwards. I have another 10 ounces in mind for later this week.... :wacko:

I'm about 60 behind you at the moment.

260 is my initial target as it's half my ultimate goal.

Is your target based on so you have a ounce a week for the next ten years should you need it? or ten ounces a week for a year? just wondering about the 520 goal

Is your target based on so you have a ounce a week for the next ten years should you need it? or ten ounces a week for a year? just wondering about the 520 goal

Yes, the plan is to sell an ounce a week for 10 years when I retire.

When I retire, silver will be over £50/oz so it's a nice little bonus to top up the pension.

Also plan to invest enough in BTC to buy an ounce of gold per year.

Stacker since 2013

Yes, the plan is to sell an ounce a week for 10 years when I retire.

When I retire, silver will be over £50/oz so it's a nice little bonus to top up the pension.

Also plan to invest enough in BTC to buy an ounce of gold per year.

The bitcoin boat has sailed. There's no good money to be made there - it's strongest point is it's biggest weakness. It is a limited currency, only a certain finite number can ever exist - by design of course. This rarity may make you think that they will retain value....... But what practical use is a currency that is limited to a tiny percentage of the overall economic system. If only 1 in  million punters can have them, from a business point of view they might as well not even exist.

The catastrophic price rises we saw last year will not be repeated. Perhaps there will be a brief rush when the last coin is mined. After that it will be all downhill.

"The catastrophic price rises we saw last year will not be repeated. Perhaps there will be a brief rush when the last coin is mined. After that it will be all downhill."

In that case, as soon as the last coin is mined, I'll be straight onto Bitgild and blow my entire bitcoin stash on silver before the crash  :D 

• Founder & Administrator

The bitcoin boat has sailed. There's no good money to be made there - it's strongest point is it's biggest weakness. It is a limited currency, only a certain finite number can ever exist - by design of course. This rarity may make you think that they will retain value....... But what practical use is a currency that is limited to a tiny percentage of the overall economic system. If only 1 in million punters can have them, from a business point of view they might as well not even exist.

The catastrophic price rises we saw last year will not be repeated. Perhaps there will be a brief rush when the last coin is mined. After that it will be all downhill.

Yea but not all the bitcoins have been mines yet, so currently the market cap of bitcoins is growing. And bitcoins can be split so it's possible to be spread across more than 1million people. I am not very bullish on bitcoins to be honest, but I want to risk buying one, just incase we do see a sore in price. Who knows.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

And well done Shamatti! Over 250 ounces! But you seem to have forgotten how MUCH gold your hoarding too! Makes my small amount of gold seem even more insignificant.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Yea but not all the bitcoins have been mines yet, so currently the market cap of bitcoins is growing. And bitcoins can be split so it's possible to be spread across more than 1million people. I am not very bullish on bitcoins to be honest, but I want to risk buying one, just incase we do see a sore in price. Who knows.

Looking at the current graphs, it is going to take another 5 years before they are all mined. (12.8m so far mined). Holding one or two bitcoins for the next 5 years won't be too much of a risk. And to be honest it'll be a bit of a giggle to see who is right and who is wrong when it comes to these crypto currencies

And well done Shamatti! Over 250 ounces! But you seem to have forgotten how MUCH gold your hoarding too! Makes my small amount of gold seem even more insignificant.

Yes, my gold is worth just under twice what my silver is..... :blink: and weighs about 1/28th what my silver does! Strange world! lol

The bitcoin boat has sailed. There's no good money to be made there - it's strongest point is it's biggest weakness. It is a limited currency, only a certain finite number can ever exist - by design of course. This rarity may make you think that they will retain value....... But what practical use is a currency that is limited to a tiny percentage of the overall economic system. If only 1 in million punters can have them, from a business point of view they might as well not even exist.

1) the bitcoins are not real coins. They are divisible. Currently into 100,000,000 pieces each. There will be a total of 21,000,000 bitcoins so at the current divisibility protocol that's 2,100,000,000,000,000 units or 3 million for every person on the planet. If needed the protocol can be altered by hard fork to allow further decimal places

2) bitcoin is adaptable enough that it can become any percentage of the worldwide currency system - anything from a small niche to galactic reserve

3) the last coin will be mined in 126 years time. Hopefully I will have retired by then. Even then, the network will be maintained by processing fees for hashing the blocks - a lot of very small fees makes it worthwhile

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please don't derail shamatti's post, bitcoin thread is here: http://thesilverforum.com/topic/584-bitcoin-and-other-crypto-currencies/ :)

Discounts / Offers

Archived