• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

silversword

Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies)

1 minute ago, HelpingHands said:

This could be where all the free BCH gets dumped and pushes BTC well over 20K

Do you think thats why theyve disabled buys and sells on coinbase currently? to stop such a sell off

I don't know why.  I'm searching around.

People on Coinbase twitter are complaining that Coinbase employees must've been insider trading based on the pump before this listing.

yeh i seen it said they had been prohibited for weeks beforehand for trading but i dont know how they could possibly track that. 

Nowt is happening until 9am PST  (5pm GMT).

https://status.gdax.com/

It just seems weird the amount of money places like coinable will just have made. I don't know exactly about the insider trading but if you look at coin bases chart for BCH now they have totally removed the part were it went to £6000+ as if it never happened. 

Very strange.

I assume post-only means that all buys and sells need to be posted in the order book and none will fill until they meet in the middle.

Trying to delay the dump.

I hope some of the free money from BCH goes into the smaller alts.  The exchanges have been getting waves of brand new users probably searching for cheap coins.

There's a chap running an experiment to buy top 100 coins and let them ride for 5 years.  I'm thinking something like this is the best strategy for crypto.  Just select top x or a random 20-50, put BTC 0.01 or 0.001 on them and come back in a year.  Whats the "stacker" method for crypto, random pick up of low caps?  Or focus on one/small number for regular additions?

7 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

I was just testing to see if Coinbase was allowing Bitcoin Cash sales yet so I tried a £50 sell and it came back with - "Please try again with a lower amount to ensure you get a fair price",  I never realised I was a whale with my massive £50 transactions.

I got that to 😂

2 hours ago, Xander said:

Does anyone have a paper wallet for long-term investing?..this is what I have been advised to use when I purchase coins.

I have purchased a nano ledger s for christmas. Thats how ill be storing my coins long term. But from research paper wallet is the best for safety mate.

7 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

I have purchased a nano ledger s for christmas. Thats how ill be storing my coins long term. But from research paper wallet is the best for safety mate.

The reason I was asking is, my son had his bitcoins stored with MT Gox and lost the lot. I had a look at the nano ledger s, it looks pretty secure, plan on buying some and storing them for several years, security and control are paramount. just hanging back hoping for a bit of a dip then it's between ethereum or bitcoin. 

Thanks for the advice.

1 minute ago, Xander said:

The reason I was asking is, my son had his bitcoins stored with MT Gox and lost the lot. I had a look at the nano ledger s, it looks pretty secure, plan on buying some and storing them for several years, security and control are paramount. just hanging back hoping for a bit of a dip then it's between ethereum or bitcoin. 

Thanks for the advice.

That is really annoying mate that that happened. I know you probably know now to never store any money on an exchange unless you are trading. I know back then however there were less options of safe storage. 

Id say the dip is in with BTC and a great time to buy. 

I have now started buying Komodo and thats what my funds will be going into this year.

As i havent opened my nano ledger s yet my friend told me about his and said the only downside is he can only store 4 different coins on it. 

For me im storing BTC for value

Ltc for currency

Dash as i am paid daily from cloud mining for that.

and Komodo as my dark horse bet. 

5 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

That is really annoying mate that that happened. I know you probably know now to never store any money on an exchange unless you are trading. I know back then however there were less options of safe storage. 

Id say the dip is in with BTC and a great time to buy. 

I have now started buying Komodo and thats what my funds will be going into this year.

As i havent opened my nano ledger s yet my friend told me about his and said the only downside is he can only store 4 different coins on it. 

For me im storing BTC for value

Ltc for currency

Dash as i am paid daily from cloud mining for that.

and Komodo as my dark horse bet. 

That's a lot you have going on I think I could handle two different types of coin. I was looking at the Trezor, it can store a lot more than the ledger s, however, I read some articles about security flaws. 

I get what your saying about Ltc for currency, ill have a look at it. I think bitcoin might just go down a bit further, fingers on the trigger.

56 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

You can store as many as you like, you can just only have 4 or 5 apps installed at a time.  But if you need another one, you delete one app and install the new one.  Your keys are still stored on the Ledger, its just the apps you have to shuffle.  I have confirmed this works on mine.  I had to delete the DASH app so I could add a new one.  Then I sold all my bitcoin cash so deleted that app and reinstalled the DASH app - all my DASH coins were still accessible from the Ledger.

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

You can store as many as you like, you can just only have 4 or 5 apps installed at a time.  But if you need another one, you delete one app and install the new one.  Your keys are still stored on the Ledger, its just the apps you have to shuffle.  I have confirmed this works on mine.  I had to delete the DASH app so I could add a new one.  Then I sold all my bitcoin cash so deleted that app and reinstalled the DASH app - all my DASH coins were still accessible from the Ledger.

Thanks for letting us know mate. That js much better then. :)