• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

silversword

Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies)

The more I get in to this, the harder it seems to be for UK based investors!!

What are the better exchanges for selling BTC for GBP?  Or is it a case of selling for USD/EUR and taking a hit on exchange rates to get it out to your UK bank?

8 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

What are the better exchanges for selling BTC for GBP?  Or is it a case of selling for USD/EUR and taking a hit on exchange rates to get it out to your UK bank?

You can sell your BCH or any altcoins on an exchange like Poloniex or Bittrex for BTC

I've not yet withdrawn back into GBP so will have to let others advise there. If I get rid of what little bitcoin I build up i'll buy gold with it I think.

7 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I don't even bother trying to get it back into my bank, for a start I'm with the Nationwide and for some reason thats the only place coinbase refuse to recognise so I have to fund my account with a credit card which they are fine with but I can't withdraw back to it.

All I do us deposit via the credit card and when I feel I've made enough gains I buy silver bullion from Bitgild who accept cryptos as payment and I just get a nice big silver order sent to me.

11 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

I don't even bother trying to get it back into my bank, for a start I'm with the Nationwide and for some reason thats the only place coinbase refuse to recognise so I have to fund my account with a credit card which they are fine with but I can't withdraw back to it.

All I do us deposit via the credit card and when I feel I've made enough gains I buy silver bullion from Bitgild who accept cryptos as payment and I just get a nice big silver order sent to me.

I was thinking more about trading in and out but I've just seen that Coinbase has a GBP wallet so I guess I wouldn't need to draw out to a UK bank account anyway.

Just now, HelpingHands said:

How do localbitcoins.com buyers compare to those exchanges after FX rates and fees?

I was looking on there earlier but a lot of it looks very dodgy.  One guy offering to buy bitcoin at over £9000 per coin, paying by PayPal.  It has to be a scam, probably either stolen PayPal acccounts or chargeback scam.

Only do bank transfer and only release the coins from the escrow when the money has hit your account.

I've sold on there over the years and never had an issue.

Some sellers have started asking for ID and proof of where you bought your btc originally.  You just need to read the terms in their advert otherwise they'll cancel the trade.

Other than that, someone on here may want to buy depending on how much you are selling.

6 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

I was thinking more about trading in and out but I've just seen that Coinbase has a GBP wallet so I guess I wouldn't need to draw out to a UK bank account anyway.

Yes you can cash in and of positions using the wallet to hold the funds inbetween, I signed up to Poloniex with the intention of trading a bit more seriously but it just baffled me at first and I've not put the hours into figuring it out yet.

To claim Bitcoin Cash you need to export your BTC keys and import into a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet.  I went with Exodus for this and as that has Shapeshifter, you can them change to BTC or others.  Similar in theory can be done to claim Bitcoin Gold, though I dont think the support for that is as widespread. 

I was going to use the BTC from BCH switch to buy gold.  however, i realised the BTC is much better where it is, having appreciated at least 30% in the month! Only regret that I switched around the lows, so lost on the BCH rise :rolleyes:

For conversion to GBP, seems there's few direct options.  Has anyone tried using Transferwise as they give you a EUR account, then should easily transfer to normal bank from there?

On 16/07/2017 at 17:50, morezone said:

16th July value

da38c067405409f3c5bd2dce7fc7c248.jpg

15th July value

59817ba963c6bf50e7daf6e8e3d18415.jpg

20th June value

14f0660b9740a497ec3e7dea4f885c38.jpg

On 29/11/2017 at 18:47, morezone said:

29th Nov value

IMG_5373.JPG

21st Nov value

5a2f1620379cb_2017-11-2100_31_02.thumb.png.9d6b2158bd5972c8bb18ea5d1a543af6.png

29th Nov value

5a2f163776362_2017-11-2918_13_00.thumb.png.8b361c4b22fec1adf9b1c13e1a99442d.png

This mornings value - 11th Dec

5a2f16490ca43_2017-12-1108_09_50.thumb.png.ce58e855b34e7978d91c1ef43fef57ec.png

and now this evening....  It's crazy.

5a2f1665a430b_2017-12-1123_22_47.thumb.png.1a1ce77a035b821a14be91c679260647.png

I've held these for 3 years + now.  No intention of selling.  I was asked why I didn't sell at 6k before it fell back to 3k.  I want to hold these super long term.  At £440 buy in, it's neither here nor there if I lose but it's interesting to see how high it will go.  I should have held onto the BTC I had.  Never mind.

@Silverstackeruk To the moon.  J/K.  It is getting rather silly now.

7 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Litecoin has done incredibly well over the last 24 hours.

There was an article on The Bit Forum that I put up, predicting that litecoin would rise and telling people not to miss out https://www.thebitforum.com/news/cryptocurrency-articles/litecoin-dont-miss-this-chance-r18/ main reason was because of coinbase users.