• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheap Britannias

HighlandTiger

9 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Hey uncle Paul - how ya's doin ? :)

Superb that they haven't raised prices. 1965 founded and still have a care for integrity. Big thumbs up.

Nothing to do with integrity, simply supply and demand.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile it high - sell it cheap - you sell loads.

I would sooner sell x100 items to one person, than process x1 single coins sales to x100 different customers

• "Superb that they haven't raised prices. "

If it nets them a new and returning customer it is money well spent making a smaller than normal or break even profit 

Regardless, whatever it is you are selling, if you are selling ANYTHING by the 100 or 1000 units a day you are making good money

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

Pile it high - sell it cheap - you sell loads.

I would sooner sell x100 items to one person, than process x1 single coins sales to x100 different customers

• "Superb that they haven't raised prices. "

If it nets them a new and returning customer it is money well spent making a smaller than normal or break even profit 

Regardless, whatever it is you are selling, if you are selling ANYTHING by the 100 or 1000 units a day you are making good money

True, if you are dealing with an infinite supply item. In which case you could happily sell millions at a minute profit level and make good money.

Here we are dealing with a product that has a finite supply, there are only 1000s of these coins in existence. Also, the seller will also have a finite stock level that probably will not be able to be replenished at the same wholesale purchase price. Therefore, the amount of profit the seller will make on these coins is limited.

It a tried and trusted model to maximise this profit by raising the price as and when stocks are diminishing. Simple business practice, nothing to do with integrity as was my point in reply to @Oldun

They have probably sat on these coins for years purely because nobody in the primary market for Brits ie the UK, knew they had them. As soon as the knowledge got out there, they have been inundated with orders. They will sell out soon and then be left with no coins to make further profit on. As soon as the avalanche was apparent, simple raising prices by a quid or two would make them more profit. It is true, however, that their aim may well be to clear their stocks of these coins as quickly as possible, who Knows?

As the OP originally mentioned, they appear to be a first and foremost a well established stamp selling outfit. Lucky us.

If you check with Chards, none of these coins are selling for less than 30.40 quid.

13 minutes ago, Oldun said:

As the OP originally mentioned, they appear to be a first and foremost a well established stamp selling outfit. Lucky us.

If you check with Chards, none of these coins are selling for less than 30.40 quid.

agreed. point?

Do keep in mind, that this is just a UK promotion and Nordfirm could/will most likely end it anytime soon and revert back to the prices before the promotion. (Question is when)

They still sell the Brits with higher premiums for European customers.

nordfirm.JPG

Well just to prove that we all have been extremely lucky to have found this supplier, (the gods must be smiling on us). I'm the last month I have been resurrecting my interest in stamps. Only this time as an investment buying only high end stamps.

So to get back in the groove so to speak I bought a couple Stamp magazines for the first time in about 5 years.

This company had one of those loose insert adverts that fall out when you open the mag I usually don't bother looking at them but for some reason I just leafed through it and spotted the Brits.

......and the rest is history :)

8 minutes ago, ApisMellifera said:

Do keep in mind, that this is just a UK promotion and Nordfirm could/will most likely end anytime it soon and revert back to the prices before the promotion. (Question is when)

They still sell the Brits with higher premiums for European customers.

It would be interesting to know whether this is the intention and whether we, in the UK, could order and pay in euros and still have them shipped here. Not that we would want to of course but it could well be the other way round as is common.

44 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

agreed. point?

that we get to buy some ? :) Or am I missing something ? I think that is what we are here for, no?

I am paying in euros with my strooooong yen...cheap as chips all things considered. No brainer here, you ?

16 minutes ago, Oldun said:

that we get to buy some ? :) Or am I missing something ? I think that is what we are here for, no?

I am paying in euros with my strooooong yen...cheap as chips all things considered. No brainer here, you ?

indeed, cheap brits as stated in OP. No brainer defo, I have bought "a few" with my weak gbp:D LOL

But you also mentioned Chards, had a quick look and they actually only have the 2004 in at £30+

The rest are out of stock.

Most of the coins being sold at Nordfrim for £19 sell on ebay for approx twice that.

Curious. have you paid in euros at gbp prices or ordered in euros?

@sovereignsteve From memory, the lowest price paid for a coin was 26 euros so that comes to 20 quid and change in your money (but I paid in yen). Paid with CC (no interest if paid off the same month) and get lots of points by doing so to go towards other purchases, so no dramas. No option of paying in gbp as when logged in, even if purchased in gbp, it autoswitches to euro payment when checking out, whether logged in or not. As soon as you put in the country where you live in the drop down bar, the price changes to reflect that.

12 hours ago, silverin said:

Only just spotted this thread!

Ordered 15 x 2005 and a couple of singles, 2003 and 1999.

You won't be able to get 15x 2005 the limit is 3,I have just been emailed about that & I only ordered 4 2005 coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

18 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

You won't be able to get 15x 2005 the limit is 3,I have just been emailed about that & I only ordered 4 2005 coins.

Interesting. I wonder when they implemented this change and whether they'll look to backdate it to all un-shipped orders?

Good news got my tracking number. Currently it does not show up on the DHL tracking  ,I assume it will soon though(fingers crossed) https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/report_popup.jsp   Has anybody got a tracking number that is working?

No Results

We wish to inform you that a number of packages may experience delayed or missing tracking information. Continue to check this tracking page for the latest update. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may cause.

I made three separate orders all before the limit notice went up. I have just gone back through the orders and apparently have ordered in total as laid out below. There is only one year I went over the limit (2003) and as yet have received no mail about it.

As sovereignsteve says, it will be interesting to see if they "backdate" the limit of 3 or honour the heavier orders of over three before the message went up on their site. If they backdate it, it may well be worth asking for a back order for those that didn't get a year they wanted ? Worth a punt ?

1999 - 3

2000 - 2

2001 - 3

2002 - 2

2003 - 4

2004 - 2

2005 - 3

2006 - 2

2007 - 1

and a lighthouse coin carrying briefcase

13 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Interesting. I wonder when they implemented this change and whether they'll look to backdate it to all un-shipped orders?

Maybe their office is a bit like this right now ?

Update,

Just checked my weborder on their site and I have been invoiced for what I ordered (see two posts above). Average for the lot 23.4 quid per coin Happy with that. 650 euros for the coins (22 of them) comes to 29.5 euros average per coin or 23.4 gbp per coin.

If you factor in the free shipping for over a kilogram of kit including the coin briefcase and I save the thick end of 100 quid there easy.

Biggest smiles though to you fellas in The UK that get it at the flat 19 quid. Now that would put an even  bigger smile on my face :)

Status 70 for the first order

Status 65 for the second

Invoiced for the third.

whatever that means

My additional order for more than 3 of each of the available coins has now been honoured in full, which is good of them. 

I think this was largely to do with the pain in the bottom nature of refunding my already sent PayPal payment. Apparently, had I paid by card, the money would not have been taken until the order was approved, making it easier to cancel.

1 hour ago, Shinus73 said:

My additional order for more than 3 of each of the available coins has now been honoured in full, which is good of them. 

what evidence do you base that on? what status are the orders?

My last order has a status 18 with no invoice number and no status in "see details". Previous order was "placed" then "fulfilled" then "shipped"

@Oldun I think 65 means invoiced and 70 means shipped.

I have had an email stating payment has gone through yesterday thats fine, I have gone onto the website today to check the status of my order and there is nothing in the status section it is blank, just my original order as if I have not paid! . I am now none the wiser, are there any others in the same situation?  I have emailed them to ask for confirmation that they have dispatched and if they have a tracking number.

I will email again tomorrow, to see what is going on.  It is not hard to alter a status on a customers order.  

48 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

what evidence do you base that on? what status are the orders?

My last order has a status 18 with no invoice number and no status in "see details". Previous order was "placed" then "fulfilled" then "shipped"

@Oldun I think 65 means invoiced and 70 means shipped.

I've been corresponding via email and phone today. They confirmed that my initial order was despatched yesterday and that they will fulfil my additional order today or tomorrow.

Archived