• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay shenanigans

Rich99

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Its happened again another zero feedback bidder at the end of the auction won my coins.

I think it could be the same bidder as last time as the address has no house number and didn't on the last address of the last zero bidder.

The winner of the auction has just joined eBay today.

23 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

Its happened again another zero feedback bidder at the end of the auction won my coins.

I think it could be the same bidder as last time as the address has no house number and didn't on the last address of the last zero bidder.

The winner of the auction has just joined eBay today.

I'm having the same issues - brand new accounts purchasing my items and never paying.  Can't work out if it's spam bots, or a more sinister attempt to find out personal information.

9 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

I'm having the same issues - brand new accounts purchasing my items and never paying.  Can't work out if it's spam bots, or a more sinister attempt to find out personal information.

I am thinking the same thing,the last person that tried to buy my coins was Polish.

I believe that there is a way to reject bids from people who have low feedback scores in ebay.  I remember a similar situation I had on ebay a few years ago.  I will research it tonight and see if I can find out more.

39 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

I believe that there is a way to reject bids from people who have low feedback scores in ebay.  I remember a similar situation I had on ebay a few years ago.  I will research it tonight and see if I can find out more.

I think eBay removed that a while ago. eBay want to encourage new buyers, not discourage them if they are blocked from buying anything.

Ebay still has it - this is what you need to do:

Method 2 Cancelling a Bid as a Seller
  1. Go to the "Canceling Bids Placed on Your Listing" page at eBay. This page is accessible to the seller via the "Bid History" link on the auction page. ...
  2. Specify the reason for cancelling the bid. ...
  3. Fill out the rest of the form, then click “cancel bid.”

Yep the above still works unless they place a bid in the last few seconds. Maybe add something in the description to say you will cancel all bids that fit witching count criteria and that shipment will only occur after payment and that all boxings are recorderd on video, weighed at end of video and weighed at post office to prevent scammers saying you didn't put the coin in the package! Cover your butt! :-) hope that helps? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Yep the above still works unless they place a bid in the last few seconds. Maybe add something in the description to say you will cancel all bids that fit witching count criteria and that shipment will only occur after payment and that all boxings are recorderd on video, weighed at end of video and weighed at post office to prevent scammers saying you didn't put the coin in the package! Cover your butt! :-) hope that helps? 

This is the last of my coins I am selling and I will only buy Gold and scrap Silver from now on as I don't have to deal with eBay when re-selling.

eBay is great for buying but a nightmare for selling.

The bidder who won bid in the last seconds so I was powerless to stop him,he promised to pay me at 2200 he never paid by 2300 so I cancelled the transaction.

The good news is I put them up on a buy it now and sold them in 10 minutes to someone who has over 300 feedback.

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

This 1823 double sovereign is a fake, wrote him an email telling him as much along with someone else but he's still trying to sell it as the real deal

what a bloody awful coin. Even if it were genuine it's not worth much more than bullion value.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 1 month later...

Please all be aware of this buyer on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gjipietr-0

Username: gjipietr-0

He is a brand new user - just bought my 2017 strike on the day sovereign and paid for it through paypal. When I asked to cancel the transaction and he pay via banks transfer (as he is new and it is a big risk for me as a seller) his email just bounced. The whole account is fishy so if he buys anything you have listed just cancel it. 

I have also reported his account to ebay & Paypal.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Please all be aware of this buyer on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gjipietr-0

Username: gjipietr-0

He is a brand new user - just bought my 2017 strike on the day sovereign and paid for it through paypal. When I asked to cancel the transaction and he pay via banks transfer (as he is new and it is a big risk for me as a seller) his email just bounced. The whole account is fishy so if he buys anything you have listed just cancel it. 

I have also reported his account to ebay & Paypal.

Also goes by this Id: I have had similar experiences 

m: chengzhon-0 

Archived