• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBay shenanigans

Rich99

OK,  I have seen enough silly listing like the below over the years, but due to an influx of cash I let curiosity get the better of me and purchased one.

Anyone know the story with listing like this when buyer has a good feedback record? 

Taking bets on

Non delivery, fake item, postage scam, or genuine item

Anyone had any experiences?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182114826649?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

I'd say hacked account.

However, if I hacked an account, I'd list a tube for £200 and at least get some decent proceeds from it.

Yeah, why little amounts?

24 minutes ago, Webster said:

I saw a similar one the other week. I watched it but never bought. Got an email the other day that it was a hacked account and was phishing for details. Change your details ASAP

If the CIA can't hack an iPhone I won't fret about my ridiculously long paypal pe! 

You'de be surpised what people can do these days. Someone managed to steal 200 quid out of my bank account, luckily I was covered and got it back from the bank. How do you know the CIA cannot hack an Iphone?

5 minutes ago, Webster said:

You'de be surpised what people can do these days. Someone managed to steal 200 quid out of my bank account, luckily I was covered and got it back from the bank. How do you know the CIA cannot hack an Iphone?

Sorry, was FBI. They have now hacked it now I had a look at the latest...

Oh dear

14 hours ago, gkoogk said:

if that deal is for real put me down for 100 coins

Yep, hacked account.

I was also the kid who burned his hand on the stove because I had to find out 'how hot' :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2016 at 20:08, Rich99 said:

Sorry, was FBI. They have now hacked it now I had a look at the latest...

Oh dear

They always could hack an Iphone, this rigmarole was always just to get it rubber stamped.

• 5 weeks later...

Well what do you all think of this baloney?

I bought an old crown from ebay.  The picture was dodgy and I knew there would be a chance it was fake but I thought I'll have a go due to the ebay buyer protection and the seller had 100% feedback.

The coin arrives and it's fake.  I emailed the seller who apologises that it wasn't listed correctly as a replica and admits it is a fake.

The seller asks me to return it to which I agree for some reason. 

Royal Mail loses the item in the post and ebay find in favour of the seller.

I've replied to eBay's messages telling them that the seller admitted it was a counterfeit and that it's worth nowhere near the £30ish I paid for it.  Since ebay is flooded with fakes how can I buy from there again?

I've now opened the case with paypal and I'll give the seller a chance to reply before I try to give them negative feedback. However, I seem to remember that you can't leave feedback on an item when it has had a case.

8 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Royal Mail loses the item in the post and ebay find in favour of the seller.

Was it tracked, or is the seller just denying it arrived as you have no way of proving otherwise?

Think you are correct about the feedback.

If you lose out, name and shame, and put his postal address on as many unsavoury websites as you can find.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

That is good then HH, surely with your original ebay invoice you can prove value , and get your money back, even if they do pay you in First Class stamps.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/319/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY2NTg2NDE1L3NpZC9ydlNjbUdUbQ%3D%3D

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived