• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

More "Death of the Dollar" News.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think Rickards is talking out of his rear end, All his predictions seem to be based on the following. "Putin said he envisions a Eurasian economic zone involving Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and Russia". 

Right, so an economic zone that includes practically every country run by a dictator of various guises, where wars and coups pop up every five minutes, is suddenly going to be the place everyone wants to invest in leaving the good ol US of A, wallowing in a mire of shite . Mmmmm forgive me if I'm not convinced. Sounds like he is pandering to the preppers and doom merchants in the US, who will lap this stuff up. 

I won't be building my apocolypse bunker just yet.... :rolleyes:

Personally I think Rickards is talking out of his rear end, All his predictions seem to be based on the following. "Putin said he envisions a Eurasian economic zone involving Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and Russia". 

Right, so an economic zone that includes practically every country run by a dictator of various guises, where wars and coups pop up every five minutes, is suddenly going to be the place everyone wants to invest in leaving the good ol US of A, wallowing in a mire of shite . Mmmmm

LOL, because the US is such a peaceful and well natured nation. Never getting involved with any wars or any coups, just minding it's own business and getting along with it's neighbours! PMSL

The US has been involved in more wars and coups than all of those other nations put together! And if you don't think the US is a dictatorship you have not been paying attention.

LOL, I think you missed my point. The USA conducts its coups and wars OUTSIDE of its borders. The people within its own borders never have to worry about about the commies and muslims invading their nation. For all their faults, and there are many, the one thing the US is, is a stable country. Unlike the middle east, Asia and ex soviet states. But the yanks do love a scare story, and this is yet another of a long list of people who have been predicting the collapse of the USA for the last 100 odd years. :)  

Rickards knows his stuff, our governments have dug themselves into a massive hole and they've played every card possible, but amazingly we're told things are looking up! Inflation and GDP are running at near perfect levels so obviously now they can begin to increase interest rates right?

Nope, with a government debt of 1.3 trillion and rising and it's people mortgaged up to their eyeballs an increase in interest rates even slightly will increase debt to levels unsustainable, but what if inflation hits us hard? The only way to lower inflation is to raise interest rates.....with our whole system propped up with debt lets hope it doesn't happen, that's only one scenario of many, scary but true.

And that is why I stack precious metals, the only way to protect ourselves from the morons in privileged positions we call our government.

Oh, make no mistake, in some shape or form the S is going to H the F one day soon. Well, perhaps not too soon! lol I say we have a year or two of this indeterminable build up - like a balloon slowly being inflated - before it pops. When will it, who knows, but so long as there is someone still blowing it up, it is going to pop, of that you can be certain.

Oh, make no mistake, in some shape or form the S is going to H the F one day soon. Well, perhaps not too soon! lol I say we have a year or two of this indeterminable build up - like a balloon slowly being inflated - before it pops. When will it, who knows, but so long as there is someone still blowing it up, it is going to pop, of that you can be certain.

Let's see what happens.

By then I should have a decent stack of silver, and I already have an array of big-ass swords to defend it with.

Stacker since 2013

Let's see what happens.

By then I should have a decent stack of silver, and I already have an array of big-ass swords to defend it with.

Lol! I've wondered about getting a weapon to defend myself with, but it has never occurred to me to get me a sword.

Danny, what advice would you give on getting one?

And just why is our economy perceived to be doing so well anyway? Unemployment is low, confidence aint that bad

and hopes are rising. Where is the the iceberg that is going to sink the good ship Britannia? I know it's out there.

Perhaps we are one of the dominoes at the back of the line waiting to be toppled by the fallers in front.

Lol! I've wondered about getting a weapon to defend myself with, but it has never occurred to me to get me a sword.

Danny, what advice would you give on getting one?

I like to have plenty of means of protection in the house.

3 foot crow-bars, 30" swords etc. It'll never harm to have them there, just incase.

Get yourself down the antiques fairs, and choose the one that looks the most devastating.

Stacker since 2013

I like to have plenty of means of protection in the house.

3 foot crow-bars, 30" swords etc. It'll never harm to have them there, just incase.

Get yourself down the antiques fairs, and choose the one that looks the most devastating.

PMSL!!

There is a place not far from here as a selection of short swards, some samurai replicas, a few nice naval officers swards which would actually look magnificent mounted.... But devastating! What an excellent choice of words! LOL I will not be able to brows that antique shop this weekend without checking the swards for devastation levels, and giggling at the thought of this thread! :blink:

The have a cabinet full of nice old coins there too. Always nice to brows though. Not many that I recognise though, but one day something nice will turn up.

Ha ha, have fun sword shopping.

In the words of the legend that is Roy Castle, "Devestation's what ya need".

Dedication's what you need! I was thinking, 'who is Roy Castle'? I get it now!

Oh good - I'm not the only one old enough to remember this! lol  I could hear the song in my head, but couldn't find the right word! I like Danny-boys version better anyway! lol :P

I read an article that the inflation figures are incorrect. the argument is energy prices

have a strong impact on inflation. all goods need to a created and delivered, and both

require energy of some sort. and energy have no way gone up in line with the official

inflation figures(just check any energy bill). it goes on to say that growth is negative

once inflation is factored in. is the recovery as good as they say it is? same in the us.

HH

LOL, I think you missed my point. The USA conducts its coups and wars OUTSIDE of its borders. The people within its own borders never have to worry about about the commies and muslims invading their nation. For all their faults, and there are many, the one thing the US is, is a stable country. Unlike the middle east, Asia and ex soviet states. But the yanks do love a scare story, and this is yet another of a long list of people who have been predicting the collapse of the USA for the last 100 odd years. :)  

Well we (in the USA) are constantly (it never ends) hearing about "domestic" terrorist, seems as if war has turned inside...

http://www.silverdoctors.com/eric-holder-announces-task-force-to-focus-on-domestic-terrorists/

• 1 month later...

it is a pistol but you can use two hands like a full size crossbow, it has a 80lb draw weight and the power is impressive, i shot a Thompson directory type book and it went through and out the other side of 200 odd pages, ( i think it was actually a go outdoors catalogue )

Cheap as chips and not so powerful you cant do target practice at home, honesty after seeing this thing I think anything more powerful would be to dangerous to shoot at home unless you live in the country with a large garden and safe backstop. I do target practice from my drive to garage. 

Definitely not a toy. 

http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/armex-tomcat-mk2-80lb-self-cocking-pistol-crossbow-2143-p.asp

Cheers MH.

Luckily I have an archery shop by me, and they have stock of the Tomcat 2.

For £8.50 extra they do you another 10 bolts and a spare string.

Might just grab one and see how I like it. I have read many reviews and found it hard to find a negative comment on this pistol bow.

The only negative I could find was difficult initial stringing, but a big lad like me should be just fine I imagine.

One thing I have struggled to find is a suitable case - any ideas?

Stacker since 2013

Id say go for it mate, you cant go wrong with this crossbow pistol really and Should you decide you wanted a bigger one I think you would still be happy to keep this one as a backup/spare. 

I actually struggled stringing it myself and im a big lad too, there is a technique apparently that makes it easier but getting help from a second person easier if possible.

as for cases I store mine in an old lockable filing cabinet, for a transportable case i think it could be aquward due to the shape. 

I know crossbows are hard to choose because for a few quid more you get a bigger more powerful one, and a few quid after that even better, and before you know it you are looking at the biggest one that will take down a buffalo lol, but in all honesty im really glad I went for this one. 

Archived