• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is everyone still buying the same??

Bigchilli

Id say now more than ever China is running the show, now we know they are essentially running a competing exchange in Yuan by the gram its a question of how much that shifts the market.

In all other times in recent history gold is priced in dollars, that soon changes.

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1152

Write 19th april down as the date that China decided to declare nuclear war on everyone elses currency

So the way i see it is that turning your cash into gold now just means you're ahead of the curve.

It's never certain how things will play out or how long it could take but I do agree and think it will be sooner rather than later I think it depends when China make the yuan backed by gold which personally I think they will do anytime from now until 2018

On 15/04/2016 at 23:31, Bumble said:

I'm not sure why some commentators think that the Deutsche Bank admission that it manipulated the silver and gold prices is such a big deal. UBS copped to the same charge last year, and I daresay other banks will too in future: maybe HSBC or Scotia. These days, banks admitting to manipulation is so commonplace that it is just accepted as par for the course. It won't even make them stop.

Surely an admission of guilt has to be a big deal, now that someone has actually admitted to manipulation can all the mining companies affected by the manipulated metals prices not start legal proceedings for every job they have had to trim or for every negative impact their business model has suffered.

12 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

Surely an admission of guilt has to be a big deal, now that someone has actually admitted to manipulation can all the mining companies affected by the manipulated metals prices not start legal proceedings for every job they have had to trim or for every negative impact their business model has suffered.

I think If manipulation is rampant then those at the head of mining companies would be in on it also. Otherwise you could have seen some sort of United action such as the CE of First Majestic proposal for all producers to withhold metals for sale until pressure was brought to bear on the market. Also admission of manipulation recently by deutschebank has been made on small movements in price both down AND up, much the same as they rigged forex and  Libor as I understand it. I think most or all markets must be rigged to some extent by the money boys. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I agree with stu.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/market-manipulation-and-dark-secret-finally-revealed

they are not admitting manipulation from 2011 highs to drop 33%, 67%,

which is how many gold/silver bugs see it.

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/1152

I think it's a rumour for now. I firmly believe that a gold backed yuan

is optimistic hoping by gold bugs who claim that it will help reach a

higher valuation for gold. it should be a lot more complicated than

that. also I'm not sure how china is benefitting from a gold backed

yuan.

HH

I think a gold backed Yuan would kill the dollar stone dead, would you rather buy bonds in Yuan backed by gold or would you prefer them in Dollars backed by nothing just an amount of debt that can never possibly be repaid.

I think September time will be interesting when the Chinese are accepted into the IMF basket of currencies,  as far as I am aware the US are the only ones who could and still can veto this, there is some kind of exceptional circumstances clause that allows them to to this.  So China either gets accepted or it does not but if this happens they have everything in place to go their own way if required.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived