• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Red Boxes for Lunar Sets

Danny-boy

Hi all,

Does anybody know of a UK supplier of the red wooden boxes for the lunar series sets (specifically series 2).

I have seen the following available overseas:-

12x 1/2oz

12x 1oz

12x 2oz

12x 5oz

5x typeset (1/2, 1, 2, 5 and 10oz)

I'd like to purchase a couple within the UK if possible as shipping is a killer.

Tried Andy-jack and no luck there.

Cheers

Stacker since 2013

not a uk dealer but coinivest do them, may not be too bad for the shipping....

http://www.coininvest.com/en/boxes-for-coins/

Cheers Garth, I was looking at CID earlier and saw them there.

Shipping is about £15, which I guess isn't too bad, and they also don't have the typeset one.

I'll be honest, I was kinda hoping for somewhere a little cheaper too. They are wood though, so I suppose they aren't going to get much cheaper.

Thanks buddy

Stacker since 2013

I didn't realise they were actually by the Perth Mint, well spotted.

Probably why they are not cheap.

I am looking to collect the full series 2 without the kilos.

So all the 1/2, 1, 2, 5 and 10oz. Including the 1oz lion privy.

I have the 1oz and privy sorted, and only need one 1/2oz to finish that. I have a few 2's, two 5's and one 10.

It's gonna be a long road, ha ha.

Stacker since 2013

www.meinemuenzbox.de. Best for lunar boxes, on eBay.de , but you can buy direct, through website. Look out for grade B boxes, very little wrong with them. Non original wood boxes are the best , but more expensive, postage is high , but you can get 4/5 boxes for 1 postage charge . Chris is my contact there, might be worth a group buy with other members. And they take PayPal. P.s these are better finish/quality boxes than the other ones advertised as lunar boxes in U.S.A and other German dealers

www.meinemuenzbox.de. Best for lunar boxes, on eBay.de , but you can buy direct, through website. Look out for grade B boxes, very little wrong with them. Non original wood boxes are the best , but more expensive, postage is high , but you can get 4/5 boxes for 1 postage charge . Chris is my contact there, might be worth a group buy with other members. And they take PayPal. P.s these are better finish/quality boxes than the other ones advertised as lunar boxes in U.S.A and other German dealers

Thanks very much Dave.

Maybe they would be up for a direct bank transfer group buy.

They have a lot of nice boxes there, the britannia ones are pretty nice too, I'd like a wildlife series one and all the lunar S2 ones.

Shame the kookaburra one doesn't have square holes for the 1990-1999 coins though.

Stacker since 2013

Even if a bit more expensive buy locally.

Being timber/wood they can create customs issues when importing them, if they get stuck in customs it will cost you a pretty penny to get them cleared.

Something to keep in mind.

Even if a bit more expensive buy locally.

Trouble is IB, there doesn't seem to be any UK vendors of these.

Good point on the wood though, but I don't think it matters within the EU as long as it's not a restricted wood.

Stacker since 2013

Just seen this wooden box on ebay,it looks like a Perth mint box,I have a couple very similar which hold 2oz kooks and they are top quality originally from Perth mint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lunar-II-Silver-Set-0-5-10oz-Coin-Box-Wood-Safe-keeping-Cassette-Empty-/221432032770?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item338e60ae02

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Just seen this wooden box on ebay,it looks like a Perth mint box,I have a couple very similar which hold 2oz kooks and they are top quality originally from Perth mint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lunar-II-Silver-Set-0-5-10oz-Coin-Box-Wood-Safe-keeping-Cassette-Empty-/221432032770?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item338e60ae02

That is gorgeous MB, but I need to buy 3 or 4 and £45 each is a bit too much.

Maybe I'm wanting something for too little money, I guess there is a fair amount of work gone into it.

I do like it very much though.

Stacker since 2013

Archived