• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1oz silver bricks

calandlew1

Hi everyone just a quick update on the lego style 1oz silver bricks,  they're nearly ready,  got the weight where it needs to be without the 3 sprue supports,  just gotta make another mould of this polished master for a better surface then they'll be ready for production :-) 

IMG_20160602_170844.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

@calandlew1 I'll be interested, again depending on price, can you produce so many? :)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

1 minute ago, calandlew1 said:

So all the silver poured items and such like who just stamp the goods are breaking the law? 

Yes. If its a finished item and weighs over 7.78g and its hallmarked. You are breaking the law (Hallmarking Act). 

Bars are exempt from hallmarking as they are seen as unfinished items. (Raw material)

But any thing like this must be hallmarked.

I got my hallmark licence around January, before that I wasn't getting my items hallmarked. If I'd be caught, I could have got a £5000 fine and face prosecution. It's actually a fairly serious offence. It didn't bother me for ages, but it doesn't cost much to get done and it adds a whole new level of legitimacy to your work. 

I'm with Birmingham Assay office at the moment, but will likely be shifting to the Sheffield Assay Office. If you've got any questions, please feel free to contact me. 

On 05/06/2016 at 11:59, Ollie1016 said:

Yes. If its a finished item and weighs over 7.78g and its hallmarked. You are breaking the law (Hallmarking Act). 

Bars are exempt from hallmarking as they are seen as unfinished items. (Raw material)

But any thing like this must be hallmarked.

I got my hallmark licence around January, before that I wasn't getting my items hallmarked. If I'd be caught, I could have got a £5000 fine and face prosecution. It's actually a fairly serious offence. It didn't bother me for ages, but it doesn't cost much to get done and it adds a whole new level of legitimacy to your work. 

I'm with Birmingham Assay office at the moment, but will likely be shifting to the Sheffield Assay Office. If you've got any questions, please feel free to contact me. 

sorry to butt in on a sales thread, but I'm curious. @Ollie1016 what does your hallmark license entail? Do you act independently from the Birm office and assay/stamp your own stuff or do you have to send a sample or all your stuff to the assay office?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

7 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

sorry to butt in on a sales thread, but I'm curious. @Ollie1016 what does your hallmark license entail? Do you act independently from the Birm office and assay/stamp your own stuff or do you have to send a sample or all your stuff to the assay office?

I don't really want to chime in but can't help saying it sounds like another cash cow to me.

Let the market decide, if someone is happy to take the risk buying unmarked silver and test it themselves so be it, damn regulations!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

20 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

So basically in the UK if you want to sell silver or gold that you've made, and the item is the finished article (e.g. no more work is going to be done on it and its ready for sale). It has to be hallmarked by law if the item is over 7.78g of Silver, or 1g of gold. If you sell items that you've made and they are over those weights and not hallmarked, you are breaking the law and can face a fine + prosecution. 

With the hallmark licence, you are given you makers mark, in my case its 'OR'. You have to send the items to an assay office, where they XRF test each item for purity and then will stamp it with the Assay office mark and purity mark. 

It is not upto the buyers discretion, the seller is responsible for insuring his products are legal. 

I didn't have a licence for about 3 months, and looking back on it now I must have been crazy. (I didn't know what was required) But that excuse doesn't wash with the assay office, I nearly got myself into some hot water with the Birmingham assay office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210077/hallmarking-act-1973-with-palladium.pdf

If anyone's got questions regarding hallmarking, please feel free to drop me a line :)

No worries, I don't want to be the evil internet troll, but I'd hate to see you get shafted by the Assay Offices..... Having your items hallmarked also means that in years to come, people can look you and research your work. One day it might be an antique! I look forward to seeing them!!! 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, rebnah said:

I will buy a min of 10 straight away mate so count me in when there ready :)

There is a long list of people who have been here waiting on these, its not something he can just knock out 1000 of :)

The Gold Sovereign

1 hour ago, sg86 said:

There is a long list of people who have been here waiting on these, its not something he can just knock out 1000 of :)

Don't worry I understand that but I'm stating my expression of interest would be a min of 10.

whats the point of buying one of something that stacks together?

Archived