• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Website Bug?

Hi I don't really know where to post this, but here it is.

Im on iOS when this happens, firstly the "rember me" never removers. Also when I type in my user name and password, it takes me to the the page when you type it in incorrectly, and the user name and password field say "required"

Just something I found.

-Daniel

• Founder & Administrator

Try what @HelpingHands said.

I also think that the forum is due for a sever upgrade due to increased traffic and demand on servers, as I have noticed it running a little bit slow. I will look into it soon.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Ive had some odd issues this week with cookies, I read a topic, go back to index and its logged me out? F5 the page (refresh) and im logged back in again! And around and around in circles looping betwenn logged in and out... How odd
Pretty certain its just Chrome being daft though, not the IPS software.

And yes everything been cleared etc, i thrive on being an IT geek, even flushed DNS in command line etc, un-installed chrome and re-installed, and still happening, but then now its happening on Facebook and YouTube too (but most forums and sites all fine), so going to have to investigate a dodgy chrome bug maybe, or one of my extensions installed...

1 hour ago, rob121 said:

I have the same problem but it isn't chrome because I've tried it on another browser and getting the same results

I will look at this with the web host, see if something on the server side needs fixing.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @sovereignsteve I have reported to the developer.

Discounts / Offers

I have a weird issue , on my PC every time I log in then try to make my first post it will knock off my internet and i get a dns error . only ever happens on this forum but happens every time for the last couple of weeks. Once I've reconnected it will work fine . just a right pain as I type out a post then when I hit submit reply I get the DNS error and lose whatever I've typed , like I say once I've logged back in everything is fine but then I can't be bothered typing out my post again. Works fine on tablet and phone , just PC 

@daz not exactly sure what you are experiencing and if it is an issue with your particular computer/internet or if anything to do with the server.

But if it happens again, if you take a screenshot of the error being shown and let me know what you did for this to happen, e.g. tried to make a post etc. I can ask the server host to look into it to see if it is anything on our side.

Discounts / Offers

Will do Chris , doesn't happen on any other website or forum , but pretty much every time on here . let's me log in and read posts then as soon as I hit post reply I get the DNS error and my connection goes. It is weird and my well be my PC but like I say it's strange that it's always this site. After I've reconnected everything will work fine. 

I will try it tomorrow morning when I get in from work , as that's when it normally happens

18 minutes ago, daz said:

Will do Chris , doesn't happen on any other website or forum , but pretty much every time on here . let's me log in and read posts then as soon as I hit post reply I get the DNS error and my connection goes. It is weird and my well be my PC but like I say it's strange that it's always this site. After I've reconnected everything will work fine. 

I will try it tomorrow morning when I get in from work , as that's when it normally happens

This might be of help. http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-DNS-Server-Not-Responding-Problem and also clearing your cache. 

Discounts / Offers

Archived