• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help please identify if fake or real i have researched but need help

k

hi, i have done lots of research but being a novice im soo confused as to whether this is fake or real please help

i have gathered it is a quarter angel in Elizabeth 1 reign looks like sword or cross latin mintmark

it does look like st. Micheal slaying dragon holding shield on reverse (pic is upside down) and letters look correct enough to me

but ship/boat looks very simple compared to others and lions and lis is wrong sides of coat of arms

unsure if this means its fake or rare / mistake, error 

cant seem to find a version like this anywhere dont know if i just really want it to be real and am in denial 

its 1.3 grams and 16mm roughly 

i would be very grateful for any help thanks

p.s. i know this is a silver forum and i'm asking about gold bullion / doubloon maybe bit silly but hopefully you can all still help

coin e.jpg

coin e2.png

3 minutes ago, mr-dead said:
2 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

@MCJ

Yes, check the images.  Same picture but cropped 2nd time

Yep, it's the same coin.

Deeply suspicious 

I'm no gold coin expert guys, but just do your due diligence. I have noticed recently there has been a proliferation of newbies trying to sell stuff after one or two posts, also some rather suspicious wanted ads.

My suggestion to anyone wanting engage with newbies (which may be perfectly genuine) is make them send /coins/ bars etc to you 1st as they have no track record here.Once you are satisfied pay for your item. If they won't do that, don't deal.

I'm locking this thread.

In other words use your common sense.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived