• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Evolution of the silver stacker

Just a thought.. 

The evolution of the stacker

1. Watch youtube videos (mike maloney, david morgan)
  2. Buy copious amounts of low premium silver from atkinsons, BBP, etc.
  3. Discover S2G and other cheaper alternatives and lament money wasted on the above, stack harder to lower average
  4. Discover thesilverforum.com
  5. Gain interest in numismatics and gold
  6. Buy first sovereign 
  7. ... (where I am now)

Can anyone relate to this...?

... hmmm let's speculate/predict what could happen next..

8. Looks in creating a business or starts investing in the local businesses and start-ups
9. Buys or build properties for rental with reasonable prices
10. Income exceeds expenses as your business grows and becomes financially free
11. The masses want to learn how you did it but you seem to get labelled as the greedy 1% and a hoarder
12. Robin Hood manages your portfolio now to help the masses and you get taxed even more
13. We are superstitious so we can skip this step.
14. Markets crashed again for the 5th time in your lifetime but it's ok. You are now 90, settled on Easter island and looking for those eggs that you've hidden with your grandkids ... You smile, knowing that you hidden the eggs with Sovereigns... but where did you actually hid them?! doh! Alzheimer's kicks in.... I should've created that 'Lost and Found' app back in 2000 something...

15... (where I am now)

oops ... and the bubble pops......back to reality...now...

Jokes aside, I can relate to it but I'm happy to say I have (luckily?) skipped step 2.

I relate definitely but I started with gold first because of the main stream mantra about holding 5%. Learned a lot more about economics and gold since then though.

Swap Mike maloney/david morgan with Junius Maltby and Belangp. 

Found this forum after taking an interest in silver as diversification, now I collect both. Just started a 1oz silver Lunar II collection, bought the first two from Arshi yesterday lol. 

It's actually called TheSilverForum just to trick new people into coming here, as you say it's the natural progression for most to start with silver

In reality, we all know it's the numismatic gold forum ;)

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 hours ago, rebelsilver said:

Just a thought.. 

3. Discover S2G and other cheaper alternatives and lament money wasted on the above, stack harder to lower average
  6. Buy first sovereign 
  7. ... (where I am now)

Me to a T! (although I'm not into numismatics).

I too am at point 7.

4 hours ago, rebelsilver said:

Just a thought.. 

6. Buy first sovereign 
  7. ... (where I am now)

1. see bullion by post TV advert
  2. Buy first gold and silver from atkinsons,etc.
  4. Find silver stackers (before thesilverforum.com had started) and get lured over by chris
  5. Gain interest in numismatics 
  6. Flit between gold and silver not knowing which is best
  7. fall in lover with pandas
  8. tgink every day that I wish I knew about this 20 years ago
  9. wonder what wife will do to me if she finds what I've spent on stack
  10. this is where I am now
  11. next aim 1kg gold 500oz silver

5 hours ago, Kman said:

It's actually called TheSilverForum just to trick new people into coming here, as you say it's the natural progression for most to start with silver

In reality, we all know it's the numismatic gold forum ;)

Yes, I was beginning to gather that.  

Silver stacking is the seemingly tame gateway drug that leads on to the harder ones, namely gold and/or numismatics. 

The only way for silver stacking to trump gold and numismatics is for us to dig a tunnel to america and indulge in their spot + 40p silver.  

2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:
2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

1. 9. wonder what wife will do to me if she finds what I've spent on stack

Mmmm...She occasionally asks me "how much is that worth?" and "how many of those have you got?".

good job she doesn't know all the intricasies of numismatic values!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, rebelsilver said:

Yes, I was beginning to gather that.  

Silver stacking is the seemingly tame gateway drug that leads on to the harder ones, namely gold and/or numismatics. 

The only way for silver stacking to trump gold and numismatics is for us to dig a tunnel to america and indulge in their spot + 40p silver.  

There should really be a self help group to enable those affected to wean themselves off numismatics, or the more insidious semi-numismatics. I believe the semi-numis are the more evil of the two, slightly cheaper but minted to create maximum addiction. After all, why put cute little animals on them if not to entice the unwary.

(the strange thing is, I'm only being slightly not serious)   

Archived