• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

gsr nearly 85

craig12

44 minutes ago, vand said:

Based on historical precedence, do NOT be surprised if silver rises 500%+ over the next 3 years:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-21/gold-silver-ratio-says-it-s-time-to-buy-one-sell-other-chart

-1x-1.png

I hope it does @vand - I will be selling quicker than a bishop from a brothel raid when it does and reaping the fiat debt token rewards :) 

silver-now-miss-rocket-to-da-moon.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on historical precedence, do NOT be surprised if silver rises 500%+ over the next 3 years:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-21/gold-silver-ratio-says-it-s-time-to-buy-one-sell-other-chart

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.bwbx.io%2Fimages%2Fi1NV.qzHThzs%2Fv4%2F-1x-1.png&key=42059ead095a0c4bfbe197a4fd703610d2538b76789911a5acb374c3f5e3c207

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Flh6.ggpht.com%2F-o8rth9EmuLc%2FTZ7ErlBJv7I%2FAAAAAAAAAGM%2FIGOFdxYGMOQ%2Fs720%2Fsell-silver-now-miss-rocket-to-da-moon.jpg&key=8dc149cc5bd7b9742ed21308a465cfa22ea90b81a982ea1046773d09cafa9d40

I hope it does @vand - I will be selling quicker than a bishop from a brothel raid when it does and reaping the fiat debt token rewards [emoji4] 

Same here.

At 500% I'll buy another house [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

Based on my own model, I would not at all be surprised to see a spike in the GSR to >88 for 1-2 months. This might be due to gold taking off and leaving silver behind temporarily, or perhaps one final leg down in the PM bear market and silver getting whacked right down into the $12.xx. Should that happen, it will be the time to back up the truck, and if you hold any gold, swap gold for silver. Personally, as a new stacker I do not hold any gold, but I am very happy to stack Silver heavily at these levels (both vs gold and vs GBP) on a monthly basis.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2016 at 20:18, JB3 said:

Really?

Even if you believe the prices of gold and silver are manipulated by some secret society, you can easily establish the 'real' GSR. Just go to any bullion or coin shop or a pawnbrokers and see what the price of a real ounce of gold is and divide it by the price of a real ounce of silver.

Unless you think the pawnbroker is in on the fix as well.

Zero Hedge I On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero' - www_zerohedge_com.jpg

GSR now 72.x... Priced in gold, silver is now up 16% since late February. I think we will likely see a 80-100% trough-to-peak move at which point I will aim to exchange most of my silver for gold. Might take a couple of years to get there. Enjoy the ride in the meantime. :)

365d_sm_gold_silver_ratio.gif

• 10 months later...

1 year on the plan is coming along very nicely indeed. 

GSR now printing 67.x, although it has been as low as 64.x in the last year, silver is showing some very good relative strength here at the moment.

I consider it still cheap enough that I'm accumulating 90% silver, but not the "swap everything for silver" bargain that it was this time last year at GSR >80.

If/when the ratio goes below 60 I'll split evenly between gold & silver.

Archived