• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help identifying coin please?

VintageGold

Welcome VintageGold

Would need better pics and to have the coin in hand to make a definate decision, you need to know weight and  size and a picture of the rim of the coin, Also what  provenance is there is with the coin  . but going buy the pics provided i would say 99% sure its a  fake. and at the end of the day if there is any doubt dont buy, gold is to exspensive to take punts

5 minutes ago, barney said:

Welcome VintageGold

Would need better pics and to have the coin in hand to make a definate decision, you need to know weight and  size and a picture of the rim of the coin, Also what  provenance is there is with the coin  . but going buy the pics provided i would say 99% sure its a  fake. and at the end of the day if there is any doubt dont buy, gold is to exspensive to take punts

Hi why would you say it's a fake?

Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, mr-dead said:

I agree, with gold if you dont know exactly what you are buying then dont buy it.

Fakes of everything are everywhere.

As a newbie I would stick to well known bullion dealers and trusted sellers here.

I now know what the coin is, it's a Elizabeth I Quated Gold Angel, thank for the advise.

42 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

I agree, with gold if you dont know exactly what you are buying then dont buy it.

Fakes of everything are everywhere.

As a newbie I would stick to well known bullion dealers and trusted sellers here.

I agree. If you have to ask what it is you shouldn't be buying it, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, VintageGold said:

The owner says the coin is not magnetic, he does now if it's a real coin, fake or replica.

Can anyone help me with determining the coins value?

If I'm I reading your post correctly, the owner of the coin doesn't know if the coin he's selling is real, fake or a replica?

If so, surely it doesn't matter how much a real example should be priced at, you have to assume it's a fake, so offer him a fiver.

A year ago,

http://www.coinsofbritain.com/pages/coins/coins-details.asp?ID=4738

-Update-

Hi I saw on the forum that somone has purchased this coin. I can say that I had no involvement with the sale/purchase of the coin. As I stated here I asked the seller and he said it that it smelt of brass, also pepole advised me that it was probably a fake.

The photo was cropped so there were no white sidebars.

Hope this clears this case up.

-Daniel

8 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

That is what I assumed.  Somebody else has possibly bought the same coin that you were looking at and is showing the same ebay photo. 

Thanks, feel sorry for that person. 100% sure it's a fake.

Archived