• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Invest Charts

Daz147

Ok, I am sure that there is a logical explanation but has any one else noticed that the spot price for Gold/Silver in the charts section of coininvest.com are significantly different to anywhere else i.e. goldprice.org, atkinsons, at the time of writing this gold is £897 on coininvest but £880 on the other sites, this differences are also in Euro or Dollar.

No, I don't think it is a fix, the date and time is stated underneath and the figures change if you refresh the page, funny thing is that I don't think gold has been £897 at any point in the last 24 hours.  No wonder their prices have been creeping up :P

Yeah you are right again its £901 an ounce now. Perhaps it is based on EUR and converted to GBP from EUR rather than USD? Not sure if this would make any difference but can be sure they are not using the USD to GBP price for gold right now lol.

Yeah the last number on the chart is £880.75 but the 'Gold Price' box at the top states £900.19 atm. Not sure what is going on.

Just for reference. Coin Invest have a 1.75% margin on the foreign currency exchange rate from € to £.  Anyone buying gold should really be paying in € as it would save 1.25% and although a small %, it does make a big difference with gold.

1 hour ago, morezone said:

Just for reference. Coin Invest have a 1.75% margin on the foreign currency exchange rate from € to £.  Anyone buying gold should really be paying in € as it would save 1.25% and although a small %, it does make a big difference with gold.

Yeah but you will pay that in charges with currencyfair or do you use someone else?

1 minute ago, Pipers said:

Yeah but you will pay that in charges with currencyfair or do you use someone else?

Transferwise is 0.5%.  Currencyfair is marginally more for under £2000.  Since CoinInvest charge 1.75%, there is a 1.25% saving by using one of these brokers.

My Earned Gold Index (EGI) and Earned Silver Index (ESI) are watching a basket of 7 names and its most interesting as to what happens over the year. They are all in choppy seas of forward buying in rising and falling spot value product markets so they have to be very careful. They do remain quite steady on average over the months so spreading choices of coins and not focusing on one is the best way as discounting is frequent and sometimes unseen.  EGI and ESI are in essence the Premium Indexes of Gold and Silver but in a consumer viewpoint. Not the retailer viewpoint. If we the consumer wish to liquidate for many reasons, I want to know where has performed best to extract the best profit. A weak Pound boosts profit a strong pound reduces it.

Archived