• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz Queen's Beast Lion

oliversw5

5 hours ago, sg86 said:

As much as I like the series that's a hell of a premium 

Thinking the same thing. I've been waiting patiently for them to appear, but now can't bring myself to pay the premium. 

All 1/4 oz come with a hefty enough premium as it is, without the extra for this one.

May have to save up and get the 1 oz instead.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Thinking the same thing. I've been waiting patiently for them to appear, but now can't bring myself to pay the premium. 

All 1/4 oz come with a hefty enough premium as it is, without the extra for this one.

Yes they are asking funny money for essentially a bullion piece of gold, I would have liked a coin but think I will keep checking him and Arshi for the deals instead.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

8 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Luckily I already have a few 1oz but I wanted to complete the set. I wouldn't accept an imperfect coin for the 1/4 as so many aren't.

Hopefully this will make them think twice about the next in the series, as I mentioned the other day goldsilver.be returned a large order, if this is being done by many dealers then they will have to change their attitude.

Vote with your feet!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

• 4 weeks later...

Put an order for  the 1/4 Oz Queen's Beast the night before the referendum with a well known dealer. They were supposed to ship today however I received an email to say they cannot complete the order. The Royal Mint sent them the coins to them however they had to send all of them back due to quality issues. Also stated that they are not producing this coin anymore for unknown reasons. I am peeved to say the least but typical of the RM. I have emailed the mint for clarification and will post when they respond. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1/4 Oz no longer in production, response from the Royal Mint as follows

Thank you for your email.

Due to unprecedented demand unfortunately the Queen's Beasts 2016 - The Lion - 1/4oz Gold Bullion Coin is no longer available but we do still have the 1oz Gold Bullion Coin and 20z Silver Bullion Coin available to purchase.   

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Our-Products/Queens-Beasts

If you are looking to purchase a ¼ Oz gold coin please refer to our Britannia fractional coins:

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Our-Products/Britannia/Gold/UKB15GQS

We appreciate your business and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Daxesh

Bullion Customer service team

i find it strange that they are limiting the production on a bullion coin like this. As has been said about the mint previously, why the hell don't they ramp up production on such a popular coin and produce a proof version also. They are neither serving their customers well nor maximising income.

For the collectors who got in early, they may do well but how many of the remaining series will be poor quality and have to be sent back, who knows. For me gold-silver.be directly swapped the one I ordered for a 1/4 2013 gold panda so not so bad.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, morezone said:

You can even pay a premium for coins which shouldn't have even made it out.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I don't know what is worse out of this, the mint for selling it or the grading service for not turning it down!

• 2 months later...

Looks on there will be a 1 oz a 1/4 oz and of note a 1/10th oz gold griffin along with a 2oz silver griffin coming soon. If I divulge my sources, I'd have to kill you :ph34r:

Most people are dribbling at the prospect of proofs. With a 1oz 1/4oz and a 1/10th oz Griffin now seemingly a done deal as regards a bu coin, I think it is safe to say there will be a proof set issue, no ? Next will be mintage numbers. 

But will they retro proof the lion in 1/4  and 1 oz  and will they retro make more 1/4 bu lions ? That is the question.

4 minutes ago, juliacoins said:

Its awesome coin I buy all coins on https://coinsberg.com/search/?q=panda but there is nothing like this coin.

Do you have any connection to this website?

I struggle to see why a Canada-based buyer would buy from a relatively new website based in Ukraine?  The company is registered to an apartment in Kiev that rents to tourists at £26 a night... Doesn't strike me as overly trustworthy.

Have you found their customer service good?

Archived