• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Aurinum.de Delivery problem

SpainStacker

I am pleased to say that the package arrived today. Safe and sound with everything present and in A1 condition. Amongst the order were 15 x 2016 Pandas which came in the official tray holder. (I know there have been some issues with other suppliers sending them out loose without the tray). I also received my 1st 10 oz 2016 Kook which is something to behold.

So apart from the delay in delivery (22 days from order) everything has worked out fine with Aurinum in this instance.

12 minutes ago, SpainStacker said:

Yes it was the same ID number as the original package which is a bit concerning.

It was never shipped and the excuse has been a stall tactic.  If it had been shipped, it would have shown as being either collected or dropped off at a parcel centre.  There is no way the same tracking number would have been issued if there is a "claim/investigation" against a missing parcel.   Tracking numbers are sometimes recycled but that would be far into the future (at least a year).

I have only bought from them once and the shipment took a while and they also sent a wrong coin.  The wrong coin was sorted out but like the OP I was given a tracking number not long after payment.  After no future updates for sometime I contacted them and was told that there were still waiting on a coin to come into stock (although it should have been in stock already).  Eventually it was picked up and tracking was active.  I'm pretty sure it was around 2 weeks and possibly even 3 weeks before it shipped.

I have tended to use this supplier in the past as they tend to get a lot of the latest coins in the series runs I am collecting, mainly from the NZM. They usually have them on ebay weeks before the release date ie pre-order, so long waits are usual. I have only had to wait longer than stated once but in that case I had to chase them several times before the coins were eventually sent. It seems  they are a little premature in marketting the coins, they have been let down in supply  or underestimated the time it would take to receive stock. Whichever way you look at it, a highly inefficient or amateurish operation.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 1 year later...

I haven't purchased anything from Aurinum in years.  We used to buy our Rwanda coins from them but their packaging of shipments was SO HORRIBLY INEPT coins would *always* show up damaged, packaging as well.   Even after repeated complaints they refused to improved their pathetic inadequate packaging methods, so we told them we will not be purchasing from them again and never looked back.   They are quick to offer excuses, not solutions!

34 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

@motorbikez If you need a German address for cheaper postage then let me know, i can forward onto you at cost, it must work out cheaper because €30 is an absolute rip off. Now onto Aurinom, i ordered a Rwanda proof rooster from there and he took 10 days just to confirm my payment from a German bank to German bank, it should take 3 days max, it can be there in 1 if the banks are a connected bank, 14 days later my coin arrived and i wasn't happy with the speed of everything, i would have expected it within 1 week tops.

Honestly, i probably won't order from there again, there are other far more efficient dealers here in Germany with similar coins......

Yea we ordered about the same date / time , same experience 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 2/17/2016 at 09:23, sovereignsteve said:

IMO a reputable dealer should reimburse the customer immediately a problem arises and then deal with the insurance claim issues himself. I did have another damaged goods issue with Chemigauer who were brilliant; paid me out and then proceded to deal with the claim themselves and said they would change their courier to a decent one like UPS, as they had a few issues in the UK with PF.

The dealer chooses the means of delivery and should have adequate insurance. if not, it is they who should accept any risks not the purchaser.

It isn't a large amount but I am still out by over £200. This could be a significant amount to a lot of people and should be a trifling amount to a large coin dealer.

I would be interested to learn how he deals with problems from customers within Germany and can't get over the suspicion that he relies on the distance and language problems with customers in other countries and just sits on these issues knowing that in the majority of cases, thay will eventually get fed up and write off their losses.

I agree, I don't understand why the buyers are being held-up with any claims or why this equates to delays in replacements or a refund.  Surely once the responsibility is established as not having any onus on the buyer, then they should not be burdened with the resolving of the issue between seller and courier.

This is unless the business does not have the funds to replace the missing coins before the claim is settled.

On 2/17/2016 at 11:38, SpainStacker said:

Thanks everybody for your comments.

@sovereignsteve I agree with you 100% that the dealer should take full responsibility for the order and delivery right up until the buyer receives and signs for the package. The deal between international couriers has nothing to do with you.

I did receive a long email from Andre Buchloh last night explaining the delivery process and going into more detail about what actually happened in my case. He confirmed that it is not my responsibility and he will send me the replacement coins once they receive more 2016 monkeys which hopefully should be by the end of this week.

Obviously problems can occur with any supplier but it is how they deal with these issues when they arise that shows a company's true colours. I will of course keep you all updated.

OK, fair enough he's now out of stock and waiting new stock.  He should however have offered you a refund as an option to put your mind at ease.

On 2/22/2016 at 17:32, SpainStacker said:

I am pleased to say that the package arrived today. Safe and sound with everything present and in A1 condition. Amongst the order were 15 x 2016 Pandas which came in the official tray holder. (I know there have been some issues with other suppliers sending them out loose without the tray). I also received my 1st 10 oz 2016 Kook which is something to behold.

So apart from the delay in delivery (22 days from order) everything has worked out fine with Aurinum in this instance.

Glad it arrived safely.  22 days, I've waited longer for bullion that didn't have an courier issue (Suisse Gold ... never again!).  

Disappointed to hear of the problems dealing with Aurinum.
I have used them for many purchases over a couple of years and bought from Andre Buchloh before he created the Company.
Admittedly he has been a bit optimistic about shipping and many times I have found DHL instructed but never collected a parcel so when I see a tracking ref i have had to wait a few more days before getting info. In all cases I received the goods and would not hesitate to order from this supplier again.

I don't think anyone should have to wait on an insurance payout as this is the problem of the seller, Aurinum.
Insurance payouts can take many weeks to sort out so you should demand an immediate refund or replacement coins.

• 2 years later...

I just stumbled upon this thread and am quite shocked. I am in the USA and placed a pre-order of almost 2000 Euros with aurinum.de and was just about to wire the money. The coins aren't even there and are expected to be in stock in 3 weeks. I am worried even more with the shipping business practices of this dealer as it is an overseas transaction. I'm not sure if i should cancel this transaction or try pay by credit card/paypal so I have some protection. Would appreciate any advice!

2 hours ago, RedDragon said:

I just stumbled upon this thread and am quite shocked. I am in the USA and placed a pre-order of almost 2000 Euros with aurinum.de and was just about to wire the money. The coins aren't even there and are expected to be in stock in 3 weeks. I am worried even more with the shipping business practices of this dealer as it is an overseas transaction. I'm not sure if i should cancel this transaction or try pay by credit card/paypal so I have some protection. Would appreciate any advice!

As a general rule PayPal sounds a good option, although their exchange rates aren't good. But considering the amount and the distance, I would opt for that. 

Not sure what kind of protection credit cards offer, as I have never needed to make a claim yet. But I have made with PayPal a few times and there were all successful, when documented correctly. 

Instagram: gildeon_67

Archived