• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Avoid These Ebay Sellers/Scammers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just emailed PAMP directly to see if they take any interest.

I will be interested to see Pamp's response,I emailed Perth Mint about fakes on ebay and alibaba,and they responded but they take one scumbag down and another appears to take their place.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I will be interested to see Pamp's response,I emailed Perth Mint about fakes on ebay and alibaba,and they responded but they take one scumbag down and another appears to take their place.

That is the infamous "Lernaean Hydra" effect - cut out 1 scumbag and 2 take its place !

Secondly, you seem to be dealing with an idiot. I would reply with-

If you invoice me with the international postage I will pay. Until you do that eBay won't allow me to pay.

Alternatively you could text and ask him for his PayPal email address and pay that way without doing the eBay checkout. Then pay the amount for UK postage as it sounds like he'll pay the difference.

You can both agree to cancel the sale but I think he needs click first.

Copy the below and send it to him if you like:

I have asked you multiple times for an invoice with international postage so I can pay but for some reason you haven't sent it. Cancel the sale at your end and I will confirm the cancellation at my end.

Weellll!! In the end he realised how to put the shipping costs and I could pay!!! I'm very happy. Half sov for 0.4% premium!

LOL. Lets see if it arrives yet. 

I'm not the only person on here that has won a "bargain" on Ebay, only for it not to arrive, and having the seller refund the money to them........Only to see the same item back on sale a few weeks later.

There are some sellers, (I'm not saying that this will happen here) who rather than sell something cheap and less than what they wanted for it, will pretend they have sent the item and a when you complain you never recieved it they give you a refund, and then they resell it at a later date hoping for a higher price. I'm convinced this has happened to me twice in the last 6 months.. 

I haven't seen these before. I won't be buying any little sealed bars second hand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLICA-NEW-SEALED-PAMP-SUISSE-2-5-GRAM-FORTUNA-GOLD-BAR-INGOT-FREE-P-P-/321491914547?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item4ada694f33

The seller has the cheek to write this in his description:

I've just emailed PAMP directly to see if they take any interest.

SUCCESS !!!!     :D :D :D

Check out the listing - removed due to an error -------my ass !!

Here is an extract only of the response directly from PAMP received today ....

I cannot copy the entire message or I might be breaking the small print on their email

"PAMP follows the policy to vigorously react to such occurrence."

Let's hope they gave eBay a stiff warning shot and if we see this seller, or any others, offering fakes that they claim are indistinguishable from the genuine item, then we ought to copy the manufacturer and maintain pressure.

SUCCESS !!!!     :D :D :D

Check out the listing - removed due to an error -------my ass !!

Here is an extract only of the response directly from PAMP received today ....

I cannot copy the entire message or I might be breaking the small print on their email

"PAMP follows the policy to vigorously react to such occurrence."

Let's hope they gave eBay a stiff warning shot and if we see this seller, or any others, offering fakes that they claim are indistinguishable from the genuine item, then we ought to copy the manufacturer and maintain pressure.

Didn't even stop him though because he is still selling the same items.  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLICA-NEW-SEALED-PAMP-SUISSE-2-5-GRAM-FORTUNA-GOLD-BAR-INGOT-FREE-P-P-/321512150222?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item4adb9e14ce

That's no good.

Are there any examples of genuine gilded mules?

Not that I have seen, but it's not particularly expensive.

I was quoted £250 to gild one of my britannia date runs. Think it was about £12 plus shipping or something like that per coin.

So there may be some out there, but I have never seen one. I'd say mules would retain value better if left alone.

Stacker since 2013

• 1 month later...

Archived