• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Absolutely nothing yesterday! 

Not for lack of preparation - went to a live auction and the viewing beforehand, but every piece of silver or gold (sovereigns, Krugerrands) and nice pre-47 silver went for just above my target prices. Always so tempting to just let rip and overpay for something just to make yourself happy -but i was well behaved and disciplined; refuse to pay £270 for a standard bullion sov or £1000 for a Krugerrand after you add the commission. Can walk into HGM and buy them cheaper....

Besides - i need to save some money to buy some Bulls ....and pay taxes! 

Lindeman

16 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

Absolutely nothing yesterday! 

Not for lack of preparation - went to a live auction and the viewing beforehand, but every piece of silver or gold (sovereigns, Krugerrands) and nice pre-47 silver went for just above my target prices. Always so tempting to just let rip and overpay for something just to make yourself happy -but i was well behaved and disciplined; refuse to pay £270 for a standard bullion sov or £1000 for a Krugerrand after you add the commission. Can walk into HGM and buy them cheaper....

Besides - i need to save some money to buy some Bulls ....and pay taxes! 

Lindeman

I had a thread about auctions a while ago. I watched a lot of auctions but rarely found a bargain. Sometimes, but rarely.

like your identified, the buyers premium is a killer for value

It’s been a day of buying and like night and day selling follows buying. Here is what I bought...

IMG_1228.JPG
1887 Proof Sovereign PCGS 63 ultra cameo

IMG_1230.JPG
1858 Rare shieldback to go with my 1859

IMG_1229.JPG
1816 6d in MS65 PCGS...

Now 19 items going for sale on eBay and that won’t even cover 2/3rds of the above ... oh dear

Just now, Numistacker said:

A great 2005 pf69 is coming up and some other really nice items

Thanks for the recent (18th Feb) review of 2017 sov variations. Clears it up now. I found a proof for about £450 but no box/coa and probably handled. Give it a miss? I can get an unboxed one for around £700

3 minutes ago, Elements said:

You registered?! Nice! Try not to get carried away, it’s easily done ?

Won my first auction Saturday, 1892 Jubilee Head Half and currently offering on a 1890 no JEB

3 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

A great 2005 pf69 is coming up and some other really nice items

Too new, Jubilee and older please. ;)

22 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

It’s been a day of buying and like night and day selling follows buying. Here is what I bought...

IMG_1228.JPG
1887 Proof Sovereign PCGS 63 ultra cameo

IMG_1230.JPG
1858 Rare shieldback to go with my 1859

IMG_1229.JPG
1816 6d in MS65 PCGS...

Now 19 items going for sale on eBay and that won’t even cover 2/3rds of the above ... oh dear

Nice coins, Coin Cabinet?

I missed the coins I was after as I got stuck on the A1?

If you need the 1816 PF65 you can have it for whatever I will pay in fact I was thinking of you when I bid for it.

Nice coins, Coin Cabinet?
I missed the coins I was after as I got stuck on the A1[emoji24]

Yes www.biddr.ch coin cabinet